Is this a bed bug or a beetle?

Associate
We get similar looking things occasionally but I identified them as Biscuit Beetles. All our fireplaces are blocked off apart from an air vent, and I've read that if pigeons fall down the chimney and die (which they do, I've retrieved live ones on two occasions), then biscuit beetles will feed on them then come out of the air vents and head for light (windows).

Soldato
Looks like a carpet beetle to me, if you scour the edges of your carpet and look very carefully in wardrobes etc you will probably find the larvae too (little furry things). Unfortunately they are effectively impossible to get rid of in the UK except keeping on top of them and hoovering carpet edges etc. very well each year, fortunately, they don't do people much harm, the little furry larvae can cause some skin irritation and some people are bit allergic to them..

Man of Honour
My wife asked me about these the other day as a couple appeared near the bed. Of course she had a massive freak out. Will pull the bed out and hoover under there I guess.

Soldato
I think my sister has the same problem with bugs now. What does she need to do????? any recommendation please

If its a carpet beetle, get some of this powder and follow the instructions. Where is she getting them, in a room with carpet? If she has synthetic carpet then they wont eat it but best check wardrobes etc! Regular vacuuming helps to, especially under beds and behind furniture. They only eat organic material.

Caporegime
I think my sister has the same problem with bugs now. What does she need to do????? any recommendation please

Well obviously the first thing she needs to do is get her sister to sign up to a computer forum and ask the guys on there, word on the streets is they have hidden superpowers when it comes to bugs.

Back
Top Bottom