GA-AB350-Gaming 3 start up - please help!

Associate
We built a new PC for my son at Christmas. It's has been working fine until last weekend. He brought the PC base unit home (carefully packaged and handled) where we connected it to my second monitor using leads that I had. This connected to different ports on the graphics card. It took a bit of fiddling until we could get it to recognise the monitor. We didn't identify any specific problem and put it down to a connection issue. Everything was fine for next few days until we took him back to Uni.
We had a repeat of the problem but this time have been unable to get it working. What we have tried:
  • reset bios
  • putting the video card in a different slot
  • adding a speaker so we can hear beep codes
  • putting memory in different slots and just using a single stick
  • using a different (rather ancient) video card
  • disconnecting everything apart from keyboard, mouse and monitor
The symptoms are consistent. Lights on motherboard indicate post is ok until it gets to graphics - this light stays on. 2 short beeps followed by 4 short beeps. Monitor reacts briefly (wakes up) but doesn't display anything (so we can't examine Bios settings for example).

Purchased Nov17:
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD B350 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 1600X 4.00GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G24
I think the power supply is Corsair CS650M 650W Semi-Modular 80+ GOLD Certified Power Supply (Nov 16)

Thanks for your advice!

Gav

Associate
OP
I like the idea that something that quick, simple and cheap might help. Will give it a go though as you say, a long shot. Wouldn't the CMOS return to to factory defaults if there battery was flat - same as I tried to get it to by resetting bios (shorting out the pins).

I am not sure if I will make a special trip to see him this weekend but if I do I will also try swapping in my graphics card and power supply (I don't have compatible alternative memory). Any other suggestions of things to try gratefully received!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom