Fridge Freezer Brands

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Hey Folks,

After a bit of advice,Sadly after 15 years, our Sharp Fridge is starting to show its age, the kids have been swinging off the doors and messed up the hinges, which meant the doors werent shutting properly ie not activating the switches, my bodges seem to be holding up, but the mrs is keen to get another fridge.

Im looking for another 70cm wide unit, and im wondering what brands are worth looking at, i work for Siemens, so i can get the Bosch and Siemens brands at a discounted price, but i wondered if the budget brands like Beko,Haier or Kenwood were any good. Im not expecting the next one to last 15 years, but if spending more on a better brand means getting longer life, then im game!

Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
Have two beko' sat the minute a fridge freezer in the kitchen and a freezer in the cellar both are excellent. Had a really big beko fridge freezer for 10 years in our old kitchen we only sold it as it didn't fit the new layout! They are pretty basic kit and all brands have decent reliability these days.

Soldato
I bought a cheap Beko fridge freezer and washing machine when I bought my first house. Nearly 10 years on they're both still going strong! I've recently replaced the fridge freezer with a bigger Samsung but the old one still get used in the garage.

Associate
Beko are good machine for reliability however the durability compared to higher end brands like LG/Samsung does show when compared side by side especially in larger models on American F/F's

I suppose recommendations would be easier if you give us your max budget and size/style you want

Soldato
OP
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Associate
Speaking from experience ordering "high end" brands are normally cheaper as they push for the better quality and sell higher quantities. Whereas places like B&Q homebase target the pocket conscious market and bulk buy cheaper brands sometimes with less than the normal QA checks and sell very little high end appliances

Soldato
I bought a Samsung recently, 5 year warranty and 10 year on the digital invertor.

Was in the sale and well in budget. Looks smart, quiet after it settled down and gives a really nicely balanced temp control throughout so no frozen items at the back.

I was happy to pay more and go premium brand but even going from the £450-£950 end didn't actually achieve any better cooled food. There's no special blend artisan hand refrigerated benefit here. It chills and freezes.

Back
Top Bottom