Is using a mouse and Keyboard with consoles possible?

Permabanned
Hi, I'm a PC gamer but I've recently bought a PS4 and was wondering if there's a way to play the games on the console with a mouse and keyboard? Is there any software or gadgets that make using a mouse and keyboard for your console possible?

Cheers.

Man of Honour
Hi, I'm a PC gamer but I've recently bought a PS4 and was wondering if there's a way to play the games on the console with a mouse and keyboard? Is there any software or gadgets that make using a mouse and keyboard for your console possible?

Cheers.

Yes a XIM will let you use them on any game, but it's so easy to aim that using them online is cheating massively, on the level of using hacks.

It makes even well below average players easily double the score of the second place player in the game.

Permabanned
OP
Yes a XIM will let you use them on any game, but it's so easy to aim that using them online is cheating massively, on the level of using hacks.

It makes even well below average players easily double the score of the second place player in the game.

I'm only interested in the game campaigns so that's not an issue for me, I'll check XIM out,
Thank's for the info.

Permabanned
OP
I finally got my Xim Apex delivered yesterday and after spending the first few hours doing that man-thing where I don't need anyone's help or an instruction booklet I gave up and quietly sat down to watch the set up video on Youtube followed by a visit to the trouble shooting section on the XIM forum & now it's up and running, I've only set one game up so far as you have to install each games settings with some software on the PC but it's done and I'm now able to play The Last of Us Remastered as one of the Master race :D

@ak22
@Kreeeee

Thanks for the help peep's :D

Caporegime
How are you going to handle analogue movement in The Last of Us if those buttons are mapped to a keyboard? Just wondering as it’s much easier to sneak up on enemies when you aren’t moving at full speed.

Permabanned
OP
How are you going to handle analogue movement in The Last of Us if those buttons are mapped to a keyboard? Just wondering as it’s much easier to sneak up on enemies when you aren’t moving at full speed.

I'll let you know once I've played it a bit, I've only played through the prologue so far, They provide a profile for the games on the XIM website and all the controller buttons are covered on the keyboard & mouse. Walking around felt okay, I haven't tried all the movements yet but it seemed to be working fine, just like any other game I've played on PC.

Man of Honour

You can configure shift to halve (or any other ratio) the wasd inputs. You can also still use an analog stick if you want to.

Man of Honour
I finally got my Xim Apex delivered yesterday and after spending the first few hours doing that man-thing where I don't need anyone's help or an instruction booklet I gave up and quietly sat down to watch the set up video on Youtube followed by a visit to the trouble shooting section on the XIM forum & now it's up and running, I've only set one game up so far as you have to install each games settings with some software on the PC but it's done and I'm now able to play The Last of Us Remastered as one of the Master race :D

@ak22
@Kreeeee

Thanks for the help peep's :D

I bought one last week and I have to say it's a cracking piece of kit. But you have a much easier time changing settings if you use the phone or tablet app.

Permabanned
OP
I bought one last week and I have to say it's a cracking piece of kit. But you have a much easier time changing settings if you use the phone or tablet app.

I wish I had a compatible phone or tablet but it's not really a problem to set up on the PC once you know how so I'm happy in that regard, I am having problems with it though, I can't seem to get the mouse as responsive as I'd like it so as I move what I'm looking or pointing at it feels a little slow. I might grab a new mouse as I'm currently using a Razer Abyssus but even with my Left handed Deathadder it's feeling slow, I can still play like it but it's not ideal. One of the great features is being a Left-handed person is not a problem, Due to the way it's used I have 100% support for any game, With the PC I found that Razer's software for the ambidextrous Abyssus mouse did not always work especially with older games which is why I bought a left handed Deathadder, With the PS4 and Xim it's not an issue.

Man of Honour
I am having problems with it though, I can't seem to get the mouse as responsive as I'd like it so as I move what I'm looking or pointing at it feels a little slow.

It will never feel like a PC mouse as you're tied to the maximum turn speeds and acceleration profiles of the consoles.

Permabanned
OP
It will never feel like a PC mouse as you're tied to the maximum turn speeds and acceleration profiles of the consoles.

That's a shame, I've seen some threads about how to improve mouse responsiveness on the Xim forum but haven't got around to having a read yet. If as you say I've likely hit the ceiling it'll just mean getting used to it.

Man of Honour
I use a Logitech G502 and I can get the same aiming feel on COD WW2 on PS4 as I do on PC.

Admittedly I'm not a PC gamer that uses very high sensitivity anyway so maybe that's a benefit for me with the Xim. But as recommended by the Xim set up video I do change the mouse DPI to maximum for console. Whereas on PC I use default DPI.

From what I've read the feeling with the Xim can be very dependant on the game's specific "look" mechanic.

Man of Honour
I use a Logitech G502 and I can get the same aiming feel on COD WW2 on PS4 as I do on PC.

Admittedly I'm not a PC gamer that uses very high sensitivity anyway so maybe that's a benefit for me with the Xim. But as recommended by the Xim set up video I do change the mouse DPI to maximum for console. Whereas on PC I use default DPI.

From what I've read the feeling with the Xim can be very dependant on the game's specific "look" mechanic.

CoD is one of the better games for using a XIM on, but even then it's not close to a PC. I suppose it depends on your standards, but even 50% of the capability of a PC mouse is going to mean you come top of the scoreboard every time without even trying in CoD.

Back
Top Bottom