**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Was starting getting a bit fed up of my day 1 release S8+ with it being a bit laggy (even after factory resorting it recently) and the battery was terrible.

I've had the oero update a few days now and it's given the phone a new lease of life! So much better and the battery is holding out much better!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I read a few people mention lags but personally I'd not experience any such thing at all on Nougat. There must be a common thing among those users perhaps? Either way, I've had many Samsung flagships over the years and the S8+ has been the only one to not slow down or be a bit of a nuisance after a year. I'm unrooted, but running Substratum of course with Nova. It's everything I'd expect from a Pixel 2, and then some to be honest, which is why I'm now super critical of all new phones that U like the look of as a potential upgrade.

Soldato
I read a few people mention lags but personally I'd not experience any such thing at all on Nougat. There must be a common thing among those users perhaps? Either way, I've had many Samsung flagships over the years and the S8+ has been the only one to not slow down or be a bit of a nuisance after a year. I'm unrooted, but running Substratum of course with Nova. It's everything I'd expect from a Pixel 2, and then some to be honest, which is why I'm now super critical of all new phones that U like the look of as a potential upgrade.

Mine's got something causing it to randomly restart of its own accord that I think is going to need a full restore to fix, so we'll see how that goes. Actual performance isn't bad - things that were slow before still are, but nothing's getting slower.

Caporegime
People who experience lag, go to developer options and force 2D GPU rendering and try switching the default render from opengial to something else.

But yes, the little hitches I once had are completely gone with oreo, phone is buttery smooth and as consistent as what my nexus 5x was.

Caporegime
Having set an entire black theme on my phone, it is ridiculous how much battery life has improved. At least doubled what I was getting before.

Associate
What package disabler app do people use?

Ad hell 2 seems to be playing up....

Well I bought Package Disabler Pro + and it was a little flaky but did eventually work. Doesn't require any additional software which others do. Should have got my money back on it really as I uninstalled and installed BK Package Manager which I'd bought and used before. This needs addition app but works well. So long as it shuts down that idiot Bixby rubbish and one or two other things, then it'll do for me :D Not sure why Samsung persist with Bixby really?

Back
Top Bottom