Far Cry 5

Soldato
So i am about an hour in. Did a mission where i stole the Aeroplane back from the ranch then just went for a wander. I have noticed that so far there doesn't seem to be a great deal of elevation round most of the outposts making it a little more difficult planning your attack. The graphics are stunning.. I am getting a little annoyed with the amount of baddies that are randomly driving about or just at the side of the road. This makes driving about more of a pain. Time to start sniping i think :D

The amount of enemies driving around and at random point's remind me of FC2, thankfully thats all i can see similar as FC2 was awful IMO.

Love what i've played so far though, Didn't make much progress as i keep going off to find or kill random stuff, the game looks stunning though.

Soldato
The enemy spawn is annoying as is their accuracy and the stupid Ai for enemy’s and team members... The pop in is fairly awful too. Other than that it’s pretty good.... lol

Oh and not forgetting the weird audio balance that seems all over the place....

Last edited:
Soldato
The enemy spawn is annoying as is their accuracy and the stupid Ai for enemy’s and team members... The pop in is fairly awful too. Other than that it’s pretty good.... lol

Oh and not forgetting the weird audio balance that seems all over the place....

WOW! I thought it was just me going mad with the audio balance! often i have heard something behind me but the sound should be coming from the front. Bit odd but bearable till they sort.

Soldato
Only played this for a couple of hours but something that is already annoying me as that I'll pick off an enemy with a silenced sniper from quite a distance away and if the kill gets noticed the enemies always seem to know where roughly where I am, even if I'm still unnoticed :confused::mad:

Caporegime
Only played this for a couple of hours but something that is already annoying me as that I'll pick off an enemy with a silenced sniper from quite a distance away and if the kill gets noticed the enemies always seem to know where roughly where I am, even if I'm still unnoticed :confused::mad:

This annoyed me with Far Cry 4 that you would encounter an enemy group and run away yet they could still shoot you from miles away even though you couldn't see them anymore.

Associate
Game is epic so far! Gfx are stunning in HDR. Still can’t believe how impressive HDR is: it has made non HDR games feel like they’re missing something graphically. Real shame Wolfenstein 2 wasn’t hdr as it would have looked great.

Always loved Farcry and this looks like more of the same but better. Not played much story yet as just been enjoying just exploring and wreaking carnage haha but characters seem like classic Farcry villains so far.

Caporegime
Game is epic so far! Gfx are stunning in HDR. Still can’t believe how impressive HDR is: it has made non HDR games feel like they’re missing something graphically. Real shame Wolfenstein 2 wasn’t hdr as it would have looked great.

Always loved Farcry and this looks like more of the same but better. Not played much story yet as just been enjoying just exploring and wreaking carnage haha but characters seem like classic Farcry villains so far.

Really? I’ve bought an HDR TV (Sony WE75 I think) and to be honest I’m disappointed. Tried GT Sport and the colours looked really washed out, I heard Kazunori Yamauchi saying how in HDR this is the only game that has gotten the traditional Ferrari red spot on but it looks awful and turning HDR off in the in game settings actually looks far better.

I’ve tried GTA V too, not sure if it’s actually an HDR enhanced game but I can’t see anything during dark segments such as shadowy areas and night time, and at other times it just seems really saturated, the sky looks artificially bright. Doesn’t seem much of an improvement over my old TV. Had a play around with the settings and used an image on one of Sony’s guides to calibrate the TV as per their instructions but this just leaves it looking great for some things such as Netflix but **** for other things such as games which differ on a game by game basis it seems. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Really? I’ve bought an HDR TV (Sony WE75 I think) and to be honest I’m disappointed. Tried GT Sport and the colours looked really washed out, I heard Kazunori Yamauchi saying how in HDR this is the only game that has gotten the traditional Ferrari red spot on but it looks awful and turning HDR off in the in game settings actually looks far better.

I’ve tried GTA V too, not sure if it’s actually an HDR enhanced game but I can’t see anything during dark segments such as shadowy areas and night time, and at other times it just seems really saturated, the sky looks artificially bright. Doesn’t seem much of an improvement over my old TV. Had a play around with the settings and used an image on one of Sony’s guides to calibrate the TV as per their instructions but this just leaves it looking great for some things such as Netflix but **** for other things such as games which differ on a game by game basis it seems. :confused:

I’ve got a Samsung ks8000 and hdr is fantastic. Colours much richer than sdr and a huge difference between bright highlights and dark. Guess it depends on the tv how good it does or doesn’t look.

Back
Top Bottom