**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Collecting my 2 XL from curry tomorrow can't wait.
Any point with a screen protector since I can't find any decent ones apart from white dome thing which is ridiculously priced.

I tried a few and the best ones I think were called ghost sheild or something but on white backgrounds they looked really grainy. I eventually did the crazy thing and bought the white stone dome one. It's very good but should be at the price!

Associate
There must be a bug with assistant because mine does that too. My home has been set for years now. Everything is right via google maps in 'Places, home and work'
It also must be a recent update that has borked it because a few weeks ago I was at a zoo and to get home I opened assistant and said 'Navigate Home' and it worked fine.
Crazy. If you say "Navigate to home" it works. If you just say "Navigate Home" it does not. :confused::confused:
Try that @_Jimlad_
By the way I found out what I said by going to Google Activity / Voice and Audio. I looked at the day I was at the zoo and played back what I said and it was actually "Navigate to home" That is why it worked for me that day.
But "Navigate Home" does not work.

Soldato
Find it a bit odd that cpw/curry's sell pixel xl 2 cheaper than Google direct.

From doing some searching I beleive curry's is cheapest for the pixel 2 xl @ £629 plus quidco.?

Associate
I tried a few and the best ones I think were called ghost sheild or something but on white backgrounds they looked really grainy. I eventually did the crazy thing and bought the white stone dome one. It's very good but should be at the price!

Thanks probably have to do this then. I work outdoors so really need some protection.

Associate
Does anyone else have issues with pinch zoom on google maps with Satellite view enabled. Mine jumps all over the place sometimes.
Also on sometimes in google now whilst looking at different news I tap the screen with my index finger to scroll and it does not scroll.
I have installed a multi touch indicator and every touch registers.
Is it a problem with the screen or the sites and google maps ?
Cheers.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I get issues with pinch zoom on loads of things. At first I thought I was pressing the screen with other fingers but nope, just normal :/

Associate
Fantastic support from Google today..

Have had a Nexus 6p from launch. First one started shutting down with 20% battery showing after about a year and a half of daily use. Google swapped it out for a new one which has started to now do the same thing.

Phoned up the support line and they said they couldn't repair or replace it but would refund the full amount on return.
So that's £450 back.

I had requested a price match early this year when I was toying with changing for a new Pixel 2. That was a match against Carphone Warehouse for £489 which I never took up at the time. Talked to the google store support and they said my original price promise was still valid so went ahead and ordered the black 64gb version.

So all in all not a bad swap for £40 extra!!! Can't fault that service one bit :)

I did originally preorder an XL when they were announced but cancelled when all the screen issues came to light and I didn't get on with the blue shift when I played with one in the shop. I am sure I will cope with the small one knowing my bank balance hasn't been hit.

Soldato
Fantastic support from Google today..

Have had a Nexus 6p from launch. First one started shutting down with 20% battery showing after about a year and a half of daily use. Google swapped it out for a new one which has started to now do the same thing.

Phoned up the support line and they said they couldn't repair or replace it but would refund the full amount on return.
So that's £450 back.

I had requested a price match early this year when I was toying with changing for a new Pixel 2. That was a match against Carphone Warehouse for £489 which I never took up at the time. Talked to the google store support and they said my original price promise was still valid so went ahead and ordered the black 64gb version.

So all in all not a bad swap for £40 extra!!! Can't fault that service one bit :)

I did originally preorder an XL when they were announced but cancelled when all the screen issues came to light and I didn't get on with the blue shift when I played with one in the shop. I am sure I will cope with the small one knowing my bank balance hasn't been hit.

Stunning support that mate :) you must be well happy.

Associate
Me too! Normally when the first post about an update appears here I have to spam update for 3 or 4 days to get it, this time, boom first go.

Likewise. Just done an update. Hoping the one about video makes an improvement and battery goes back to normal as the previous month's update got me less SOT.

Back
Top Bottom