**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Updated this morning with the factory image :)
I managed just over 7 hours screen the other day with the stock rom (rooted) and Flash kernel, the highest I've seen on my phone so far.
I'm tempted to try AquariOS to see if WiFi calling or VoLTE work on Three

Associate
Yet more good service. Ordered bank holiday Monday and arrived Tuesday lunchtime.

Very impressed so far. In isolation the small form factor feels pretty good.
Updated and partially setup today. amFilm screen protector and Spigen rugged armor case will go on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
Patch came through quite early for me too (usually takes a week).

Still having issues with the WiFi disconnecting though, despite "wifi stability improvements" being listed in the notes. Never had this before the Feb update!

Associate
Anyone managed to install the Rootless Puxel Launcher onto the pixel 2? In other phones it seems as easy as installing an APK but on the pixel 2 it won't install and some guides talk of flashing an extra module to get it to work?

Associate
Sucks that all of my QC 3.0 doesn't work with my pixel.
Anyone got any minor issues of having multiple Bluetooth connected they all stay connected but seems it has a hard time selecting when picking up a phone call or calling.

Associate
Updated this morning with the factory image :)
I managed just over 7 hours screen the other day with the stock rom (rooted) and Flash kernel, the highest I've seen on my phone so far.
I'm tempted to try AquariOS to see if WiFi calling or VoLTE work on Three

AquariOS is nice, just enough extra features. I'm also running flash kernel with it. VoLTE and WiFi calling work on EE at least. Not sure about Three though.

Soldato
Sucks that all of my QC 3.0 doesn't work with my pixel.
Anyone got any minor issues of having multiple Bluetooth connected they all stay connected but seems it has a hard time selecting when picking up a phone call or calling.

Bluetooth is a bit funny on the Pixel for me altogether. If I pair a new Bluetooth device after using my headphones, my headphones won't connect again. I have to unpair them and re pair them, which causes the last Bluetooth device to stop working. Essentially, I can only have one working at a time

Associate
So far so good no cut outs on the way to work usually have at least one. Fingers crossed this has sorted it.

I have to say the HTC adapter feels so much more premium than the Google one. It also sits more flush in the port.

Glad HTC's dongle sorted the issue for ya. It's ironic that HTC's own dongle is also hit and miss on their own devices (U11 and U11+). The remedy is to use Google's dongle lol

Associate
Bluetooth is a bit funny on the Pixel for me altogether. If I pair a new Bluetooth device after using my headphones, my headphones won't connect again. I have to unpair them and re pair them, which causes the last Bluetooth device to stop working. Essentially, I can only have one working at a time

So I got a gear s3 connected then when I use my car only media is available to make car phone section to work I have to go to Bluetooth section and select my car and enable disable the phone settings to make it work. I'll play around a bit more.

Soldato
Bluetooth is really flakey with my car too, perhaps it's the fact I have my LG Watch Sport connected most of the time?

It's so annoying, Bluetooth has been poor on Nexus & Pixel devices since their inception compared to devices from Samsung etc.

It's even more complicated when you use Android Auto (via the car's infotainment system, not just on the phone) as Android Auto will setup a BT connection with the car without the two being paired. My Audi A4 B9 sometimes doesn't connect to the phone at all and I've tried EVERYTHING to make it consistently do so. Pairing the device and car as you normally would, deleting the pairing and allowing AA to control the connection and even changing the AVRCP profile in developer settings.

I've read that having the device paired confuses the car when Android Auto is trying to create a connection also but as above, I've deleted the pairing and still no dice.

Associate
AquariOS is nice, just enough extra features. I'm also running flash kernel with it. VoLTE and WiFi calling work on EE at least. Not sure about Three though.
Good to know, thanks :)
Did VoLTE and Wifi calling work for you on the stock rom?
On the stock rom it doesn't enable for me on the Three network. But I'm getting such a good discount on the tariff, I can live without it if I have to.
Apparently iphones just work out of the box.
For android phones not running Three branded roms, they have a separate app for wifi calling, but it's rubbish, duplicating call entries and often missing calls. It was installed and deleted again on the same day. So if I could find a way to enable it natively that would be great.. but I have my doubts it will work.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyway of using 3.5mm and charging your phone on pixel 2?

getting a bit fedup.. want my aux in my car and also to charge the phone, flaky battery after recent update.

Associate
Good to know, thanks :)
Did VoLTE and Wifi calling work for you on the stock rom?
On the stock rom it doesn't enable for me on the Three network. But I'm getting such a good discount on the tariff, I can live without it if I have to.
Apparently iphones just work out of the box.
For android phones not running Three branded roms, they have a separate app for wifi calling, but it's rubbish, duplicating call entries and often missing calls. It was installed and deleted again on the same day. So if I could find a way to enable it natively that would be great.. but I have my doubts it will work.

Yeah works on stock for me.

That app is horrible. When I was on Three I used it once and deleted it swiftly

Soldato
Chaps. Just playing with a pixel 2 xl, I'm on EE and can't get the WiFi calling to work, I've enabled it but still not showing on screen.

It Worked on my other phone

Any ideas?

Edit: scratch that, seems there is no WiFi calling icon like on Samsung but can see it when I pull the top status bar down

Associate
Bluetooth is really flakey with my car too, perhaps it's the fact I have my LG Watch Sport connected most of the time?

It's so annoying, Bluetooth has been poor on Nexus & Pixel devices since their inception compared to devices from Samsung etc.

It's even more complicated when you use Android Auto (via the car's infotainment system, not just on the phone) as Android Auto will setup a BT connection with the car without the two being paired. My Audi A4 B9 sometimes doesn't connect to the phone at all and I've tried EVERYTHING to make it consistently do so. Pairing the device and car as you normally would, deleting the pairing and allowing AA to control the connection

Actually I fixed it by removing phone function on my gear s3 . All works now. A bit annoyed I can't keep phone on s3 but rarely use it.

Back
Top Bottom