Where can I buy xbox 360 rechargable batteries ?

Soldato
Seems like a daft question, but I still have my original (genuine) plug n charge kit and standalone battery charger.

so It seems silly (to me anyway) to buy one of these kits where the batteries have a usb port on the back to charge them with.

I bought some batteries off ebay and they refuse to recharge with either charger (don't even light up on the standalone charger)

I probably only need 2 batteries so don't mind paying a little bit more for them if they are more reliable.

Soldato
Seems like a daft question, but I still have my original (genuine) plug n charge kit and standalone battery charger.

so It seems silly (to me anyway) to buy one of these kits where the batteries have a usb port on the back to charge them with.

I bought some batteries off ebay and they refuse to recharge with either charger (don't even light up on the standalone charger)

I probably only need 2 batteries so don't mind paying a little bit more for them if they are more reliable.

Don't you have ordinary rechargeable batteries around? If not, get some and use those. The AmazonBasics rechargeable batteries are very good, they last for ages and they're not expensive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CWNM...141-ad9e-501a70ebc718&hsa_cr_id=1769813050202

At the bottom there's an option for a charger as well. £21 for both, that's 8 batteries.

Soldato
I know you were asking for XBox specific batteries, but I had a load of them for my old 360 and eventually all of them died (all official MS ones). This was recently when I went back to try and use them in my 360 pad on my PC, and they wouldn't work anymore due to not being charged for a while. The fix stated on the internet using a paperclip to connect some pins doesn't work either. I had loads of Ansmann and AmazonBasics AA batteries around the house so I use these now, and I can obviously also use them for other things like torches and toys for the kids :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I bought these for my son, years ago:

Here
Yeh I want to try and avoid those ones to be honest.
It seems a waste to have the plug n charge kit and proper charger to use a solution like that.
I may as well do what everyone has suggested in this thread and just use normal AA rechargables (i have a charger for those already)

Instead of the play and charge kits I just bought some cheap rechargeable Duracell AA’s off Amazon.

Yeh I had the same issue.
no one seems to do the genuine ones any more.

Based on this thread I might have to go the AA route

Man of Honour
Take a look at Ikea's new batteries. Ladda 2450mAh ones. They're essentially the same as Eneloop Pro batteries. The charger is ok too, bit expensive but you can just leave them in that and it'll maintain then.

Back
Top Bottom