*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Nice one Eddie, got an aftermarket parts list yet ?

The Evotech stuff is great, the EP tail tidy is a work of art! I've got quite a lot of aftermarket stuff on mine so if your considering anything give me a shout!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My neighbour bought a Chinese 4T 125 carb, helped him to adjust it as it wasn't running right. I had a go on it, that bike felt like a deathtrap... The exhaust was so loose it nearly felt off, but we fixed that too. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I've not tried any chinese bike as I have not seen it as worth the risk. However I have talked to plenty of owners who have spent upto a few months with them and they are looking to get a Jap bike to replace it

Associate
Was at FWR the other day getting new boots on the MT-09 and they were refusing to fit tyres to a chap's chinese 125. Apparently cracked or collapsing rims are common.

Not speaking from experience though, like anything else the Chinese do make some great stuff. Half the problem is the importers only bringing in the crap stuff to maximise profits.

It's also somewhat ironic as I remember when I was a kid, a "Made in Japan" label meant "complete rubbish", including cars.

Soldato
Cheeky trackday at Cadwell last week. Bit chilly, but nice and dry :)

39401010010_5a4dc8bed4_b.jpg

39401008940_106975ddcc_b.jpg

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Yeah, It was cold and I was a bit stiff on the bike, especially in the early sessions. Still did a 1:47 though
Leaning off the bike will help you to go around the corner faster whilst keeping the bike more upright. I was suprised, how much affect it has, I haven't been on track yet though. But I'm guessing the corners and tarmac is better than public roads. :p

Thanks. Responded to your PM.
Sent you an invite on FB.

Last edited:
Soldato
Welcome bike number 8. :)

2014 MT-09. :)

Initial impressions, power is awesome and the torque is lethal in A mode, seat is solid, 150 miles home was not comfortable! Throttle is very sensitive, slight twitch and it's jolting forward, brakes are good and the steering is nice and light.

Ride height is good too, 820MM seat height but actually feels lower, strange seating position though, silly lump in the seat pushes you forward so you are sort of hunched forward, felt like i was sitting on the handle bars as i was that far forward.

Found one with a full akra system already installed, crash bobbins, new front and rear fender, new chain, full service history, only 1 previous owner. :)

Overall I'm happy with the bike, it'll be a good summer toy. :)

mFRV3IYh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom