The Commonwealth Games 2018 thread

Soldato
Just watching the opening ceremony highlights. Day 1 live coverage of events begins 12.15am BBC 1. I'll watch a couple of hours of it probably. :)

We came top in the medal list in 2014 with 58 gold 59 silver 57 bronze, totalling 174. Australia came second with 137 medals. Do we still have enough star sportsmen and women to do anything like as well? We shall see.

Soldato
OP
Indeed! Looks like Learmonth has fallen behind by a fair margin which is a shame, doesn't look like gold anymore for her. Amazing amount of work these triathletes have to put in to get a medal, and then you get the 100m sprinters who only need to put in a few seconds of effort. :D

Man of Honour
No coverage for today's boxing from the BBC!!!!!!

You probably already know but just in case you can usually get different streams using the BBC sports app/website - I've used it a few times already when I've been less interested in the sport that's on TV than in another on at the same time.

Hard not to feel a bit sorry for Ethan Hayter in the scratch race where having led for such a long time he finished outside the medals. Some good results for all the home nations so far which potentially bodes well for Team GB at the Worlds or the Olympics.

Associate
You probably already know but just in case you can usually get different streams using the BBC sports app/website - I've used it a few times already when I've been less interested in the sport that's on TV than in another on at the same time.

Hard not to feel a bit sorry for Ethan Hayter in the scratch race where having led for such a long time he finished outside the medals. Some good results for all the home nations so far which potentially bodes well for Team GB at the Worlds or the Olympics.

Yep, It looks like there only covering fight's in the 1/4 finals.

Paid premium for https://www.7commgames.com.au/live/19 and used a VPN. Happy days.

Associate
Anyone watch the woman's netball final? It was awesome winning it in the last seconds. Didn't realise how much stamina you need for that game. Well done to the girls. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom