***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
I can imagine dude. When I was banned I was baffled and then angry and depressed. It's was not the fact that I had been banned it was that I was lumped in with all the genuine scumbags out there. I was so annoyed I sent a letter to R* North's HQ. I knew it would not do anything but it made me feel a fraction better.

However I was unbanned but the way they have handled this is truly shocking. I lost confidence in GTAO when my account was returned and this week, knowing the people who have been banned, as dropped it to the floor.
I really hope you get your account back dude as it is just so crap that they are so uncommunicative.

Soldato
Aye the other reason it is annoying me so much is that I was really enjoying the Avenger and Akula and was putting a lot of hours in.

The only way I will be happy at the end of this is if they unban me soon and credit the shark card cash again. When I had logged in for the small period I was unbanned it was credited and I had $20m in the bank. Really want to buy the hunter while it's on offer too.

Soldato
Aye the other reason it is annoying me so much is that I was really enjoying the Avenger and Akula and was putting a lot of hours in.

The only way I will be happy at the end of this is if they unban me soon and credit the shark card cash again. When I had logged in for the small period I was unbanned it was credited and I had $20m in the bank. Really want to buy the hunter while it's on offer too.

I might buy the hunter as I don't have a helicopter yet and I have just about enough cash.

Soldato
I might buy the hunter as I don't have a helicopter yet and I have just about enough cash.

I would leave the hunter for now and buy a buzzard. It can be used as a VIP vehicle can get into smaller spot and is a great deal easier to fly. I really don’t like the hunter, I much prefer the Akula.

Associate
I've just started to play GTA5 and unlocked Michael, Franklin and Trevor (plus quite a few smaller characters). Any suggestions on what to do to maximize income for the characters and other useful hints?

Soldato
I would leave the hunter for now and buy a buzzard. It can be used as a VIP vehicle can get into smaller spot and is a great deal easier to fly. I really don’t like the hunter, I much prefer the Akula.

I did actually go to buy the hunter yesterday but couldn't buy it because I didn't own a hanger.

I have had a go in the buzzard and really enjoyed flying it and didn't realise it was the only one that can be used as personal vehicle.

I have seen the akula out and about town the stealth on it is amazing but I didn't really like flying it on the doomsday mission.

I have never had a go in the hunter.

Thanks for advice when I log in today I will grab my self the buzzard. Looks a very helpful little chopper and I know I like flying it.

My favourite 2 vehicles right now are my Cyclone and my operations centre truck cab. Normally on round town work I get both in and let my workers take the cyclone and I take the truck. I love the truck cab it's so powerful I beat a tank a couple days back in a fight.

Soldato
@imginy
Yep Buzzard is just so useful. You can use it a lot in contact missions which makes them a lot more enjoyable.
However of all the current aircraft that are available the Avenger is the most useful and pretty much my go to in open.
It is literally a flying tank and can easily escape a deluxo as it can soak up the missiles and if you have a mate inside on the guns, then it is hard to beat. Also you can carry a armed insurgent, all of the occupants can get in it whilst in flight then exit the avenger at height. and being a operations centre can be called up and destroyed at no cost.

Soldato
Buzzard is very helpful when doing any CEO stuff as it will spawn extremely close and at no recurring cost if you have bought it.

Out of desperation I have emailed some of the PR guys and whoever I could find at Rockstar, doubt it will go anywhere but at least it makes me feel better. Not sure where to go next as I refuse to accept this.

Associate
+1 for the buzzard too. It'll spawn anywhere - even under bridges which can make it interesting. Great for CEO missions can generally just getting about a bit quicker.

Soldato
Dudes, whats a really good looking visuals tweaker to use that is compatible with the current version of GTA V? I was using Reshade/SwettFX for a while there and hadn't played the game for months. Fired it up yesterday and it crashed a few mins after I clicked on 'Story Mode' while it was loading giving a 'GTA V has stopped working' error. I then faffed about with various things to no avail and eventually removed Reshade/SweetFX as well as my install of LSPDFR and all the associated stuff, plugins, mods that went with that. Voila - GTA V starts fine now. So I'm not sure which one of those was causing the issue.

But I'd like more realistic/nicer/improved visuals now so I'd like to try another graphics tweaker - any recommendations? What works best just now?

Ta.

Soldato
What's the best way to race online?

I'm not so interested in doing co-op jobs, more racing (I used to play MTA:SA loads back in the day and got pretty good, so kind of want the same experience from GTA V).

On the online game map I can see races, but these are always vacant. Is there a lobby or something I need to seek out so I can get onto various servers etc? If so, how and where?

I know I sound completely noobish here, but I rarely game these days and haven't done any online gaming for ~8 years.

I created an online character and am an almighty level 4, so probably need to up my stats a bit as well, but that'll come with time.

Or, am I going about this wrong and are the console versions better for this?

Ta!

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven’t played this in about a year – how is it now? Sounds like there are some new heists etc.? The heists were great fun.

Is the online still ruined by cheaters and modders?

Soldato
What's the best way to race online?
Go into the pause menu and go to Online > Jobs > Races and you can find races in there, you can join other people or host your own.

You can also keep your eye on your phone notifications you'll likely get a few invites through there also.

Once you are in a race lobby it will keep cycling through races so you can stay with it.

Soldato
I'd be up for some races - I used to love them and could hold my own fairly well, though I stopped as every lobby had catchup enabled so no matter how well you raced, you could be beaten by some clown down a long straight.

Back
Top Bottom