Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Permabanned
I do actually believe you're getting these cars, so a serious answer please ;)

Haha... the GT3 is the daily... but the 720S will make to work sometimes. Thought it was a joke, as only one seems like it could be close to a daily :D

Is this the same car Housey linked to last week?

No, that one sold before I could get my hands on it... this is another... I emailed all the dealers to see what 991.2s they had available and Nottingham had this car, which is nearly my perfect spec.

Permabanned
Awesome car! You’re building up a rather nice collection. Have you got a huge garage to keep them all in?

Thanks.

Not huge... it's a double garage that can just about squeeze the two in plus my server and mining rig and that's about it. But it's big enough.

The Caterham is living with a company who maintain and transport it & the Radical will be going to them too... but the Radical purchase has been delayed because I upgraded to the 991.2 :) / :(

Soldato
Thanks.

Not huge... it's a double garage that can just about squeeze the two in plus my server and mining rig and that's about it. But it's big enough.

The Caterham is living with a company who maintain and transport it & the Radical will be going to them too... but the Radical purchase has been delayed because I upgraded to the 991.2 :) / :(

I had a horrible feeling that they would be stuck outside or something! 991.2 GT3 as a daily is fantastic! Having no rear seats increases luggage/grocery shopping capacity I guess!

Edit: Miami Blue is what I always start with on the 911 configurator. My style is more California boulevard cruiser rather than track weapon.

Permabanned
I had a horrible feeling that they would be stuck outside or something! 991.2 GT3 as a daily is fantastic! Having no rear seats increases luggage/grocery shopping capacity I guess!

Edit: Miami Blue is what I always start with on the 911 configurator. My style is more California boulevard cruiser rather than track weapon.
The buckets are really comfy and wide enough for my rear end.

The cage will make the chassis that bit more rigid which will be a nice addition.

With the 991.1s I was looking at, I was happy to compromise on the club sport pack to get the other options I wanted... plus for an older higher mileage car, the club sport is probably more likely to have spent more time on track.

While I know these can handle it really well... I liked the idea of being the one to break it :)

I don’t need the space so all good... only thing that nearly didn’t fit was dell 32” 4K monitor in box lol.

Man of Honour
I am currently in the next house mind, final house.

Trying to find land close to where I am that isn't 10 million quid (I only have 9 million obviously) and want 4 car garage with games rooms above. I am unable to build anything where we live now due to be part of a community environ and the urge has become strong.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Ooooh... 5 car garage :)

We are planning to build a house. I’d like to give it a drive-in basement.

I have this setup. Great in principle but, with one opening, removing a car from the back means moving 5+ cars to the driveway.

#firstworldproblems

GT3 looks lovely, enjoy it. I have those buckets in my GT4 and, as buckets go, they're plenty comfortable enough if you need to cover distance.

Associate
so i went to the dealership to figure out what model id like. went in thinking a 981S boxster would be all I'd need. Drove a 981 boxster, then a cayman 718, then a 991.1S coupe..... I shouldnt have driven the 911.

the boxster is too small for me. i look like bowzer in mario kart lol. the cayman was nice, pretty fast even though its not the S. Ride was a little choppy, but the steering feel and how it drives you couldnt complain tbh. Didnt think the noise was immense but certainly loudish with the PSE option.

Drove the 911. holy mother of god! i was sold from the first half mile. completely blows the cayman out of the water. the noise is unreal, and the ride quality a huge step up. The noise!!!! loved it, still grinning now.

Not stopped thinking about it since leaving the dealership. 50/50 i call them in the morning and buy it. need to sort the man maths, as i've literally bought a house for less recently! but that noise omg.

Soldato
whats your budget, There is a GT silver one up for sale which has the most amazing spec, you will never find another one like it :D

We are planning to build a house. I’d like to give it a drive-in basement.[/QUOTE]
Ooooh... 5 car garage :)

We are planning to build a house. I’d like to give it a drive-in basement.

Drive under basement would be nice but I would rather put a pool and gym/games room in the space.

I built my place, I don’t know if it’s really worth the effort and you end up spending on stuff that you never get your money back on. My place is 6400 sq ft so about 1.3m build cost plus land I am going to be lucky if I get £1m back for it but its probably going to be close to £950k

Back
Top Bottom