What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
wasn't today, but meh, remapped

attachment.php
Lol stage 2

Soldato
What's wrong with a tuning company who offer 3 (well, anything more than 1 really) levels of software/hardware tuning packages referring to them as stages?

nothing in its own right.
But it makes it an interpretation from a tuning company as to what they define as stage 1/2/3 etc. so saying a car is stage 1 tuned is meaningless without insight. saying stage 1 tuned by x is more relevant but no one ever says that.

Soldato
nothing in its own right.
But it makes it an interpretation from a tuning company as to what they define as stage 1/2/3 etc. so saying a car is stage 1 tuned is meaningless without insight. saying stage 1 tuned by x is more relevant but no one ever says that.
Well the context is a printout that says APR Stage 2, so where's the issue?

Just seems like a completely pointless dig at the guy if the issue isn't actually tuning packages being called stages but instead people being vague about their cars.

Edit - especially so for a guy who a search on the word 'stage' reveals his purchases of a stage 1+ map, a stage 1 clutch and a stage 2 intake :p

Last edited:
Associate
afaik, stage one is normally software, 2 needs hardware and 3 is more race spec. but out of context and without specifics it is a bit vague for sure.

Soldato
Today, I tried to wrap my roof. Unfortunately the wrap I used was crap so it failed.

I now have some KPMF stuff on the way. Should work much better

Soldato
Briefly drove the old family bus (S-Max) to move things around on the driveway as I needed to free up some space to get to our garage door. It really is absolutely knackered and I'm shocked that she never mentioned it to me sooner.

The brakes squeal horrendously and the juddering when trying to reverse it up the driveway is absolutely insane. It's not quite as bad when driving forwards but it's still far from happy about it. Obviously it's a completely knackered DMF and with the rest of the car's issues it isn't worth getting fixed.

Unfortunately now I'm starting to accumulate knackered cars so I need to get rid of them. What's the best way to go about getting rid of this one? It's got a bunch of issues - nothing that's really terminal as such, but a bunch of fairly expensive jobs that would still result in a tatty looking car on 170k miles so I don't deem it worth sorting out.

I'd probably get around £150 for it as scrap value, but despite the issues, surely it's worth a bit more than that? Obviously I'm not expecting any crazy amount of money but I figure even the wheels/tyres alone are worth £150, not that I'm in a position to break it myself.

Back
Top Bottom