8700K Thermal Struggle I'm DELIDDED

Associate
OP
Over the moon.. Delidded my 8700K last night and would recommend anyone looking for higher clocks. Temp difference is around 20C lower on most benchmark and hitting 5Ghz with 1.35V max temp 71C. CPU idles around 27C. Cannot be more happier with it.. Will upload pic and more details :)

Soldato
I didn't see anyone mention that you have to set an AVX offset or the programs you use will cause severe voltage and temp spikes. If you load the latest prime95 and then edit the config to turn off avx testing you will get a good idea of normal use max load temps. ;)

Associate
OP
I didn't see anyone mention that you have to set an AVX offset or the programs you use will cause severe voltage and temp spikes. If you load the latest prime95 and then edit the config to turn off avx testing you will get a good idea of normal use max load temps. ;)
They are all in checks.. all temp spike are very smooth. Now going through LIGHTROOM and ADOBE is a breeze.may benchmark few times then CPU is set. :)

Associate
OP
I have been very happy with the out come of the delidding my 8700K, it was a scary adventure but enjoyed doing it every stages of the process. Completely destroying one CPU on practising to delid.. I believe with a little bit of help from YT and forum such as this every one CAN do it.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all guys involved in this threads and the forum too. Shared knowledge and experiences are priceless.

WILL UPLOAD MORE PICTURES SOONER..
THANKS ALL.

Associate
Glad it worked for you, I’ve never tried this method, I did my 4770k with a vice and hammer, would be interested to see how it compares... although I’ve done plenty of PS3s with a pallet knife

Associate
OP
What method did you use to delidded your cpu.
I used Delidding tool kit (De8aurs of OCUK) .. which I'd highly recommend as they makes the job a breeze and minimal with mistakes that could happen.. I had lots of fun doing this... :)

Associate
OP
Glad it worked for you, I’ve never tried this method, I did my 4770k with a vice and hammer, would be interested to see how it compares... although I’ve done plenty of PS3s with a pallet knife
Its lot easier then you'd worry, its not a cheap CPU to be playing about taking apart but its lot easier with the delidding tool. Clocks and temperature difference is worth doing this.

What platform do people uses here to upload pictures as Photobucket sucks.. Just wanted to share some pictures.

Associate
OP
Did Asus ever fix the Load Line Calibration issues on these Strix boards? I remember Tinytimlogan saying that the LLC basically doesn't work at that the board automatically feeds the cpu way to much voltage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAQpvFhiUs

I also had some high temp spikes with stock auto config. TMPIN 4 or 5 , one of them was hovering around 124'C but after manually setting up, they were all in checked. now Clocking 5Ghz 1.36V
I followed Derbauer Overclocking tutorial on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUtA7DKXhU

HTH

Associate
The delidding tools look fantastic, wish I'd had one as it would have saved me a brown trousers moment even if the CPU is still fine 5 years later lol.

Back
Top Bottom