Yet another what TV thread...

Soldato
Currently have an old LG 50PK350 that has served me well for a good number of years and has been brought back from the dead twice now (once with a 18p resistor and once by baking the main board in the oven:p ) but I’d like to upgrade my Xbox to an Xbox X and therefore would like a nice 4K screen to go with it.

Want
  • 58-65 inch screen
  • 4K/HDR
  • Good picture quality
  • Flat screen not curved as wall mounted

Not important/Don’t need
  • Sound, won’t be used as have separate amp/surround setup
  • Smart functions as I normally have everything (inc TV tuner) running through xbox

Budget wise I’m thinking up to £1k but would spend more if it significantly makes a difference, recommendations welcomed as I have not idea about current TVs.

Thanks.

Associate
I would like to suggest the Hisense 65n6800, I currently own the 55n6800 and bought because of the specs to price. Everytime I switch on the TV I am very happy and amazed at the upscaling and picture quality.

On your current budget you will probably struggle to buy something better, if you could up it then I would get the Sony xe93 or Sony xe90 due to the better brightness levels for better HDR performance. The new generation of TVs should be coming out soon which will see a drop in TV prices on the current ones.

Make sure you buy from richer sounds or john lewis for the 6/5 year warranty and they will price match anywhere.

Associate
Also you need to ask yourself what do you view mostly on your tv, if it is sports and fast paced tv then a higher hz panel is always better. I don't like the soap opera effect that motion processing on tvs give so I turn it all off.

Soldato
OP
I normally get most of my AV stuff from Richer Sounds so all good there. Big price difference between the Hisense and Sony so think I'll try and see if I can see them up against each other to see the difference.

Soldato
Hisense screens are generally excellent. However the software and customer services isn't. Strongly advise a visit to a store and look. Everyone's opinion is different.

Associate
Any particular reason for going for the Hisense over the Samsung 65MU7000?

Currently in the same situation and have the Samsung price matched with John Lewis for £1067.97.

Soldato
If you can get the Samsung for £1068 - consider stretching to £1099 for the Sony XE9005
Sure it's a 2017 model and stocks are low, but hard to beat at these price points.

Associate
Went with the Hisense , installed in Friday and so far have been very impressed with every bit of content thrown at it.

is it decent for sport football ect ? looking at buying a 65 incher from richer sounds think it's the model down 65N6800 can't find stock of the 65NU8700 , I'm fed up with my LG 1080p had bad uniformity issues since i got it (dirty screen effect) mainly want something better for the world cup , and these tv's seem to get decent reviews almost everywhere i have looked.

Back
Top Bottom