**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Sgarrista
Commissario
Second day coming to an end. Have turned off the on screen buttons and so getting used to gestures on the home key :)

Battery is a winner. Absolutely. And again. Real world not WiFi on the couch all day.

Got my phone Friday, charged it to full, have had 2 full days real world use, plenty of photos, calls, bbc news, emails, whatsapp.

10% by 6pm tonight, charged back up.

Caporegime
I was all set to buy a Pro until I noticed it has no wireless charging. How on earth can a new high end phone in 2018 not have wireless charging?

Caporegime
I was all set to buy a Pro until I noticed it has no wireless charging. How on earth can a new high end phone in 2018 not have wireless charging?

Agreed. Which is why I’ve said it’s only a £500 phone tops. It’s not a £800 flagship phone. I notice the Porsche specia editionl version for £1400 does come with wireless charging so it’s not like there wasn’t space for it in the chassis.

Caporegime
Agreed. Which is why I’ve said it’s only a £500 phone tops. It’s not a £800 flagship phone. I notice the Porsche specia editionl version for £1400 does come with wireless charging so it’s not like there wasn’t space for it in the chassis.
Seriously it is absolutely ridiculous, I use wireless charging almost exclusively now since 2 years, unless I am out and about and can't help it. To omit this on a bleeding edge phone is nothing short of an astonishing intentional oversight.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Got my spigen case today.

Lovely fit for the phone, and protects the camera bump nicely.

The carbon section is flush with the top camera, but the matte part is raised up half a mm, so putting it on flat surfaces isnt an issue anymore.

Soldato
Seems everyone's quite happy with their P20 Pro, I'm toying with it as an early upgrade from my S7 Edge, but I keep getting tempted by the S9+.

Any real issues that people don't like so much? Wireless charging doesn't bother me so much as I tend to have a battery pack or normal USB charger knocking around wherever I go.

Caporegime
Seems everyone's quite happy with their P20 Pro, I'm toying with it as an early upgrade from my S7 Edge, but I keep getting tempted by the S9+.

Any real issues that people don't like so much? Wireless charging doesn't bother me so much as I tend to have a battery pack or normal USB charger knocking around wherever I go.

I went from the S7 edge. Wireless charging and no rSAP and no headphone socket are really its only big flaws. If none of them bother you then its a great upgrade.

The fact i could get it on contract for less than half the cost of a S9+ swung it for me.

With £200 back for the headphones (hopefully) plus the cashback of £40, it will only be costing me effectively £13 per month on vodaphone for unlimited minutes and texts and 4gb of data.

Permabanned
I went from the S7 edge. Wireless charging and no rSAP and no headphone socket are really its only big flaws. If none of them bother you then its a great upgrade.

The fact i could get it on contract for less than half the cost of a S9+ swung it for me.

With £200 back for the headphones (hopefully) plus the cashback of £40, it will only be costing me effectively £13 per month on vodaphone for unlimited minutes and texts and 4gb of data.
and that's what I'm doing but looking for £250 for the headphones

Soldato
Very pleased with my P20 Pro so far.......fancied a change after a year with S8+ and this phone piqued my interest.

Arrived on 6th (bought from John Lewis) and have been really, really impressed with battery life so far. Sure, Wireless Charging is missing and it was arguably one of the main factors I had to 'get past' in ordering as I liked being able to drop my phone in to the Audi Phone Box in my car.....but, given that the battery seems to last ages, I suspect this will not turn out to be a problem.

Ironically, given that a lot of the buzz about this handset was centred on the camera(s), I haven't used much for photos. That said, the screen is very good - yes, perhaps not as dense in PPI terms as the S8+, but certainly perfectly decent. The phone is very, very snappy out of the box - my S8+ was suffering from 'one year old Samsung malaise' and has been very comfortable with whatever I have tried thus far.

I haven't tried Android Auto yet, but the Bluetooth side of things connects just fine to my car. However, and this is based on one journey only, I did notice a possible foible. My car can use a connection to a phone running the MMI Connect app, and access things like Amazon Music, Internet Radio and so on......seems that although the app fires up on the phone just fine, once the screen lock comes on it cuts the connection - this never happened with the S8+ so I am thinking that this might be some aggressive power management or similar? Essentially, the MMI Connect app needs to remain running as a background service, I believe, and I wonder if the P20 Pro is killing it....testing is needed!

TL;DR A great phone, after a few days of use, glad I swapped out my S8+

Soldato
Reading a lot of great stuff about the pro. Mine should be coming next week, pretty glad to get rid of my s6 (which has terrible battery drain, plus the charging port has now since stopped working, so wireless charging only. Which now seems ironic).

Just a quick one, does the pro have Google pay?

Soldato
OP
Reading a lot of great stuff about the pro. Mine should be coming next week, pretty glad to get rid of my s6 (which has terrible battery drain, plus the charging port has now since stopped working, so wireless charging only. Which now seems ironic).

Just a quick one, does the pro have Google pay?
Yes install it from the play store and works great :)

Edit - got a bosewek case on mine that fits great and feels nice and grippy.

Back
Top Bottom