Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I picked up the Death Guard codex and I was really disappointed. I remember the codex of old were rammed with backstory and detail and we're a fascinating read in themselves. The new ones are really sparse on story and instead seem to just be rules and pictures of painted models. :(

Man of Honour
Forgebain acquired and in hand - as if I didn't have enough to paint :p

^ yeah the codex's are a little light on story etc, it all seems to be shoved in the first 10 or so pages.

Commissario
My copy of Forgebane arrived this morning as well, I'll have a proper look at it once I've built up my Khornemower/Lord of Skulls.

You can never have too much to paint
/looks at 3x 40k starter boxes (different sets), 2x Imperial Knights: Renegade, Shadow War, loads of assorted Tau, Tyranid, Chaos stuff.

Soldato
My newest Death Guard and my finished plaguebearer squad;

Y8wcm0Q.jpg

yHdmwyx.jpg

uSMy3dA.jpg

7ccrrgI.jpg

RtcrUEC.jpg

What looks like unpainted grey on my Death Guard isn't, its the oxidizing effect on the armor but it does not photograph very well :p

Soldato

I love the old Horus heresy stuff so trying to make them look like old school death guard with their white armour, brass trim and green pads. Making it dirty is pretty forgiving when I'm relearning as well :p

Man of Honour
Cheers chaps - I actually painted the dreadnaught bits separately, mostly, then glued him together with super glue. No skill, it took beyond forever! Just getting some fellow space wolves done. Looking forward to taking a pic of the whole squad, but I've got a long way to go!!!

My newest Death Guard and my finished plaguebearer squad;

yHdmwyx.jpg

What looks like unpainted grey on my Death Guard isn't, its the oxidizing effect on the armor but it does not photograph very well :p

The skin on this guy is awesome!!

Commissario
I'm looking at doing something similar with the Lord of Skulls I'm currently assembling, although before I start painting I've got to clear the garage or the spare room to make space for the airbrush as I haven't had much chance to use it for over two years (and the really fancy one I bought over 3 years ago has only ever been tested).

My plan is to assemble it as the middle tracks, the outer tracks, leave the side panels completely off, and do the top deck and body all as separate parts prior to finally gluing them together.
I'm hoping to practice some fancy methods on it as I want to do it in a similar style to my brass scorpions when I do them

Soldato
I would be tempted to collect Khorne but not until the new bezerkers are released, the current 40k ones look like diddy little babies standing next to Death Guard and the new Primaries models :p

Associate
Thought I would finally contribute to the thread. Just a couple of pics of stuff on my desk at the moment.

The AM tanks are part of a larger commission with a lot of troops to do yet.

The Tau are my own and I have more arriving Friday and once built will start shooting colour. The clear weapons are 3d printed by Shapeways as trying to get hold of bulk Cyclic Ion Blasters from GW is impossible.

y4m75BRtQm5QfJgx_l6EErEktoCINd6gYlN6aJpwzY929IImWGnocnGfa0RhThpiH-j3H5bnqhECZLrkT9VEOYIRE_GFWU4vhxW86SVzS8gK_XTfFknxFTKqsDE9KSBNcJO6A2FyIWdFXY55gXiwX68ZFYaYJIq5nq-w8PUS_lJJqoD4T5RB5LaasgzwZSP1AMlJqo3BZUQlIM1LAMouFyPGw

y4mgRVUL_zy01N70UmjLmhWxZWEDXHmz5tC0DmSzPbi2Yuuq7uowmGdhQ6BFGFds0DnFmSIhCvAJXUAVEZLgVXzHF2bmMYuJbMVr1WQSCVriC4RQI3PyQOsGWQD9OsR52fYrXSq5OikzBDr6fsgQzMkfZx6rZPkAhxyLVnj74fw4Rkw10KmzB_qBaEhrOEjBmbKKIayvUWi-Z6CSH8P6Y9pVw

Soldato
Could use some help, decided to dig out some of my painting gear, which hasn't seen the light of day in nearly 5 years.

Most of my citadel paints look solid, anyway to salvage them.

Also I have X-20A thinner and some flow improver, I can't remember what the hell I used the flow improver for...

Soldato
I've heard Lahmian Medium can do the job. I've sometimes dropped a bit of fresh cold water in an given a stir, revived some pots.

However, the quality of the new paint system has had me replacing a load of my old paints. Guess it depends on how old your paints are. I've still got a working Goblin Green, and even have some of the even older Citadel paints (tall rounded bottles) that have really lasted. They must be from 1995 or even earlier (see here: http://collector-info.com/Manufacturer/CIT/GAWPAT/GAWPATPAICLA/4970-20-Colour-Bilious-Green.html)

Soldato
These are the types of paints I have.

lb9c768.jpg

Do they have a new range out?

Also can anyone recommend a decent guide for painting Orks?
Whenever I do paint, it's always Space Marines, I want to try something different!

Soldato
One on the right is definitely current range. I bet Lahmian Medium and a bit of water would revive it. The one on the left - I've had mixed success with those. They weren't the worst offenders, there was a screw top range before that which was awful. I think it depends on the paint.

I've got about 10 of the ones on the left and I bet I binned as many coming back to the hobby just recently myself. Used water and stirred them and that was OK. I now have some Lahmian Medium and think it's good stuff just in general.

Soldato
Also can anyone recommend a decent guide for painting Orks?
Whenever I do paint, it's always Space Marines, I want to try something different!

This is a relatively easy scheme for Orks that gives good results.

Base coat the skin with Waaagh! Flesh. Once done give the sking a Biel Tan Green wash all over. Following on from that a layer of Warboss Green however don't paint down into the recesses where the shade has settled. Then finally pick out the more raised areas with a Skarsnik Green edge highlight. It's a relatively straightfoward process however I think it looks really great.

What I will definitely recommend is downloading the Citadel Paint app on your phone. It's completely free and I personally think it's a fantastic tool if you want to find out how to paint something!

Back
Top Bottom