• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ConLake Returns - Golden Sample 8700K's.

Associate
Remember this is overclocking results. Intel never say a chip will reach X Y or Z.
If they were sending out chips to reviewers that run faster stock, then yeah thats BS. But overclocking is overclocking. You play the silicone lottery.
Anyone worth their salt will wait for actual consumer results rather than tech reviewers anyway before making a decision. no one NEEDS a new i7 instantly.

So you inherently distrust review results as well? I don't think it's about being worth your salt, its more about not being misled. Also Intel market the K chips as overclockable. Yes they don't say to what extent themselves, but that is why they send them out to reviewers.

Soldato
Of course I don't distrust reviewer results at all. But I am always aware (and this isn't a recent thing) that they will likely have cherry picked samples. Be its CPU, GPU, cars, fridges. Whatever really.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ok, here’s the deal... I’ve just deleted 15 posts arguing about who is/isn’t ruining the thread.

Can I suggest that if you’ve got a particular problem with another user then you utilise the ignore feature. It’s actually pretty good on Xenforo as you don’t even see threads started by the ignored user. It’s telling to me that it’s always the same posters involved, hence this message.

Hopefully, we can curb the endless bickering that seems to be going on and save people from bans etc. Believe it or not we don't want to ban users but we will if they’re ruining threads and causing trouble.

bru

bru

Soldato
Just remember that all 8700K 's are cherry picked and pre binned, else they would be 8600k's and 8400's seeing as they all use they same chip.

Didn't 8 pack post up some numbers on the amounts of chips that reached certain over clocks during his testing?

Associate
What a massive ego this AdoredTV has. All he does is reference himself and his videos and goes on as though people really give a toss about what he has to say. Just a massive troll. He also never does any testing of his own but trawls the internet for figures that suit his purpose.

"You forced me to do this Steve and I am going to forgive you". What a massive ****.

Associate
He has a point, or two... might not like his approach and to be honest i found the forgive bit at the end of the latest video a bit off but he does have a lot of valid points.

The tech press is not great and can be ... swayed... somewhat (ok bought!) and somebody needs to call them out on it.

Associate
What a massive ego this AdoredTV has. All he does is reference himself and his videos and goes on as though people really give a toss about what he has to say. Just a massive troll. He also never does any testing of his own but trawls the internet for figures that suit his purpose.

"You forced me to do this Steve and I am going to forgive you". What a massive ****.
Are movie or game reviewers making any movies or games and for that reason they should stop doing reviews? Whatever you create is open for a review, even videos on YT.
He is doing something different like he said, analyzing data from various sources, analyzing videos, reviewing YT videos and content they provide. You can agree with him or not, but the fact he doesn't do the actual testing is irrelevant (except to people who use it as argument against him).

It makes me laugh though, that many youtubers will say in their reviews "we can't be bought... if we don't like the product that we received for a review, we will criticize it etc", but please no you are not allowed to criticize their work as they put so much effort into it and ...you didn't.

Soldato
He raises a lot of valid points, regardless of delivery. Actually nice to have a different opinion on the scene from someone that actually puts thought into what they are doing.

He brings to our attention the glaring inconsistency between reviews, benches etc that forum members all like to post as"the" truth.

How easy it is (intentional or not) to paint a particular picture of a products performance.

Me, I don't deal with criticism very well at all. In order to deal with it, I have to really focus on what people say and just get on with it, rather than making it personal. Same for reviewers who out a lot of effort into what they do I would imagine, and ESPECIALLY in such a public setting.

Soldato
Cant wait for Steve to embarrass him on this one.
He needs to get off his self righteous pedestal.
Although to be fair to him the ending sent out a good message that a few people here should take note of :p

Last edited:
Associate
Are movie or game reviewers making any movies or games and for that reason they should stop doing reviews? Whatever you create is open for a review, even videos on YT.
He is doing something different like he said, analyzing data from various sources, analyzing videos, reviewing YT videos and content they provide. You can agree with him or not, but the fact he doesn't do the actual testing is irrelevant (except to people who use it as argument against him).

It makes me laugh though, that many youtubers will say in their reviews "we can't be bought... if we don't like the product that we received for a review, we will criticize it etc", but please no you are not allowed to criticize their work as they put so much effort into it and ...you didn't.

I don't feel it is irrelevant because he is just leaching off of someone else's work with zero experience. He has no real idea, taking numbers from reviewers we are all supposed to take no notice of anyway, how accurate they are. That's very different from reviewing something. If you or I wanted to we could look around the net for evidence to confirm any argument we wanted to, even the most ridiculous.

Whether we feel reviewers are shills or not I would take Hardware Unboxed's word over Adored TV any day of the week because without seeing what goes on behind the scenes it's either believe someone actually using the hardware or someone who comes across as a rampant fanboy looking around the net for evidence that fits their anti Intel/Nvidia argument.

Associate
Er do you watch his videos?
He goes into the details very very clearly, something other reviewers are not doing.
One of things coming out from yesterdays videos was that HUs tests were done with differing memory and detail levels screwing the comparisons up totally... now whats that about behind the scenes.

Folk might not like him because he is poking your fav colored company but i dont find much wrong with his analyses (apart from the odd occasion he has messed up which he seems to admit)

Associate
I don't feel it is irrelevant because he is just leaching off of someone else's work with zero experience. He has no real idea, taking numbers from reviewers we are all supposed to take no notice of anyway, how accurate they are. That's very different from reviewing something. If you or I wanted to we could look around the net for evidence to confirm any argument we wanted to, even the most ridiculous.

Whether we feel reviewers are shills or not I would take Hardware Unboxed's word over Adored TV any day of the week because without seeing what goes on behind the scenes it's either believe someone actually using the hardware or someone who comes across as a rampant fanboy looking around the net for evidence that fits their anti Intel/Nvidia argument.
But how you can take Hardware Unboxed as competent if his own tests within couple of months give different results, and reviews are constructed to prove his point. Even if you remove Adored from the equation. To me Steve lost as you can't trust his tests anymore.

Soldato
Iit's either believe someone actually using the hardware or someone who comes across as a rampant fanboy looking around the net for evidence that fits their anti Intel/Nvidia argument.

He's not a fanboy, thats for sure. Yeah alright, he references himself a bit too much for me and I've said that before but one thing he certainly is not is a fanboy. You can't have watched many of his videos to come to that conclusion. People who do I'm sure are just repeating what they've heard online about him from disgruntled fanboys of other members of the tech press.

Associate
Er do you watch his videos?
He goes into the details very very clearly, something other reviewers are not doing.
One of things coming out from yesterdays videos was that HUs tests were done with differing memory and detail levels screwing the comparisons up totally... now whats that about behind the scenes.

Folk might not like him because he is poking your fav colored company but i dont find much wrong with his analyses (apart from the odd occasion he has messed up which he seems to admit)

What he does is uses someone else's information, reviewers mainly who we apparently shouldn't be taking any notice of anyway, to make his own point valid. I don't see any detail, just using someone else's work which is suspect anyway. If we are going to be skeptics about reviewers work, well he is using their numbers.

I don't have a favourite colour but I guess that's all people see when you criticise something they like.

Associate
But how you can take Hardware Unboxed as competent if his own tests within couple of months give different results, and reviews are constructed to prove his point. Even if you remove Adored from the equation. To me Steve lost as you can't trust his tests anymore.

But as PC enthusiasts that's a given right? It's the same as the last video. He is pointing out to us that doing benchmarks at different times will be different. Well of course. Even doing them on the same day can throw up odd inconsistances.

Associate
Er he is an analyst, he analyses the computer press - thats what he has said he is doing and that is what he appears to be doing.
He is not a reviewer, of course he is going to use the work of others.. thats the whole point.

If you dont like him dont watch his stuff, but it doesnt mean its garbage. The tech press have been dodgy for too long, it stands out a mile - nice to see at least one channel looking at it.

Associate
But as PC enthusiasts that's a given right? It's the same as the last video. He is pointing out to us that doing benchmarks at different times will be different. Well of course. Even doing them on the same day can throw up odd inconsistances.
Now you are just trying to change the reality to fit your argument 10, 20%+ difference is not inconsistency in a testing. Especially here where he tried to make video to show this kind of difference. It just shows HU has no clue about consistency in settings, has no clue how to analyse his own data. He creates data , yes a lot, but he shouldn't give any conclusions as he has no clue what it means.

Back
Top Bottom