*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
A collection of classic Sega games are coming to Switch as part of a "Sega Ages" collection starting Summer.

More than 15 classic Sega titles, developed by M2 and with additional features, will be released worldwide via the Nintendo eShop starting this summer. Planned titles include Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star, Thunder Force IV, and more to be announced.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-ages-announced-for-switch

Sega (and SNK) beating Nintendo to classic console games on Switch haha

Sega also announced the Mega Drive mini, releasing this year.

Man of Honour
Soldato
I think FM Touch is a good choice for Switch and tbh the last time I checked out the PC version I was totally overwhelmed, the level of detail is impressive but also oppressive for all but the most hardcore.

Soldato
I bought FM Touch yesterday spent 5 hours playing this game which is perfect on the Switch & i'm really enjoying it.
How fair are the results and stuff ? I had a mobile fm a couple of years ago and felt like no matter what tactics or players and things I used it made no difference to the outcome of the matches it was just completely random with no consistency with players or anything ?

Soldato
Fair enough, thanks for the replies - I think Nintendo themselves are missing a trick by not bringing out a "travel dock" / "travel adapter" - most places I stay have a TV with a HDMI connector these days.

Man of Honour
Fair enough, thanks for the replies - I think Nintendo themselves are missing a trick by not bringing out a "travel dock" / "travel adapter" - most places I stay have a TV with a HDMI connector these days.

As Phate said just transplant your dock's innards into a smaller case like I did.

No risk with third party electronics and a much better home dock (doesn't block half the vents or risk scratching the screen and makes all the ports easily accessible) that is also very portable.

Don't bother buying a second one, just bring this one with you.

I finally printed and installed my 3D printed portable dock.

Now it glows in the dark, doesn't scratch my screen and is portable without the risk if bending it in transit!

ZFJuBXf.jpg
YTuRyMJ.jpg
W3iX2yW.jpg

Soldato
As Phate said just transplant your dock's innards into a smaller case like I did.

No risk with third party electronics and a much better home dock (doesn't block half the vents or risk scratching the screen and makes all the ports easily accessible) that is also very portable.

Don't bother buying a second one, just bring this one with you.

Not sure designing and 3d printing something, then taking my dock to bits and transplanting the internals can be classed as "just do X" :D

Looks great, but I don't have a 3d printer, or the relevant skills I don't think :)

Man of Honour
Not sure designing and 3d printing something, then taking my dock to bits and transplanting the internals can be classed as "just do X" :D

Looks great, but I don't have a 3d printer, or the relevant skills I don't think :)

I didn't design it (life's too short and there are thousands of great designs out there already), I just got it printed and transplanted the electronics. It's really simple to do as there's just one circuit board with two parts attached (LED and USB-C port) with a ribbon cable and a pair of wires.

All it takes it unscrewing and then re-screwing a bunch of screws.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't design it (life's too short and there are thousands of great designs out there already), I just got it printed and transplanted the electronics. It's really simple to do as there's just one circuit board with two parts attached (LED and USB-C port) with a ribbon cable and a pair of wires.

All it takes it unscrewing and then re-screwing a bunch of screws.

Hmm, who did you use to get it printed?

Back
Top Bottom