"UK refusal to issue gender-neutral passports unlawful, high court told"

Caporegime
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...er-neutral-passports-unlawful-high-court-told

surprised this didn't get picked up already, can't find the current SJW thread but it seems GD-worthy anyway

Issuing gender-neutral passports would not require any change in UK law and the documents would be recognised internationally, the high court has been told.

The Home Office’s refusal to provide non-gendered X passports breached privacy and human rights and was unlawful, Kate Gallafent QC said.

I don't see why the government wants to kick up such a fuss over it tbh... hardly a big deal if someone wants to pretend they're "non-binary" or define themselves and some other special thing... just stick an X on the passport and they can carry on with their issues.

Anyway, what say you GD?

Soldato
If idiots want to have that on their passport, then so be it - that's their choice. But they'll have to live with the consequences of certain countries deciding not to allow them entry. It will, however, give them something else to whine to the media about.

Soldato
Should be fun if they go to some middle eastern country.

All this gender stuff is pure BS and the sooner is goes away the better.

Soldato
Your sex is male or female. Those who believe there's other options need to be sectioned under the mental health act.

It's really simple biology at the end of the day, if you have a penis you're male, a vagina female

I don't see why a man can't dress up as a female without needing to officially declare themselves as opposite biological sex, it's just a label

And I'm sure if you get rushed to hospital due to a problem with your penis if you are pre op transgender, you'd want the doctor to treat you as a male rather than pretend your penis doesn't exist because you believe you're female

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's really simple biology at the end of the day, if you have a penis you're male, a vagina female
What if you have both/neither?
What if you really don't feel a man even though you have a willy, or vice versa? Unfortunately life isn't that simple for some people.

Soldato
What if you have both/neither?
What if you really don't feel a man even though you have a willy, or vice versa? Unfortunately life isn't that simple for some people.

There's nothing wrong with being transgender, I just think this whole issue over officially naming your gender is an absolutely stupid non issue, thinking you are something does not magically alter your biology or your DNA and we assign gender based on biology and DNA not "feelings"

And it's not like changing the sex on a piece of paper is going to change the way people view you or give you any benefits over not doing it so I don't see the fuss

Man of Honour
This is nuts but doesn't surprise me.

I don't care what a person wishes to identify as in day-to-day life. But the purpose of a passport is to identify a person as who they are as they cross international borders. Their physical gender is a big part of that. What next? A dark haired person deciding they want to identify as blonde and having the right to use a photoshopped picture on their passport?

Soldato

I don't see why a man can't dress up as a female without needing to officially declare themselves as opposite biological sex, it's just a label

And I'm sure if you get rushed to hospital due to a problem with your penis if you are pre op transgender, you'd want the doctor to treat you as a male rather than pretend your penis doesn't exist because you believe you're female

It's not that simple read up on intersex.

Soldato
Theres a difference between sex and gender though...ones anatomy and the other is more of a social thing, how that person sees themself etc.

Without googling it thats the best ive got.

I dont see the issue, let people be who they want to be. As for middle eastern countries having an issue with it...more fool them tbh.

Soldato

What if you're mid process? (I'm not read up on it but I'm sure it's not as simple as "*chop* now you're female").

don't see why a man can't dress up as a female without needing to officially declare themselves as opposite biological sex, it's just a label

Yeah labelling people through history has never done any harm at all.

Back
Top Bottom