Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season

Caporegime
Just whacked a cheeky tenner on Rafa at 20/1.

I wouldn't be upset to see him get the job but I would love us to get Simeone. Need to instil some fight and guts back into Arsenal.
Simeone would be good but he would literally break our squad lol. We wouldn’t have much of a squad when he’s done training them lol:p.

But on a serious note, I wouldn’t mind Rafa either. But seems like Ancelotti has said he wants the job along with Luis Enrique ex Barca manager. Out of those 3 I’d prefer Luis Enrique, I liked his type of football at Barca.

Whoever it will be, it’s going to be an interesting season next year. Going to be so strange not seeing Wenger in the dug out next year. I wonder if Wenger will take up a board position or will he leave Arsenal entirely.

Man of Honour
its not.im a red member and not even on the waiting list and got offered one

If that's genuinely the case then I wonder what the legal situation is with respect to charging other people additional fees to be be on the waiting list but then bypassing them? How was the ticket offered to you? I go to enough home games (10-18 a season) that I've been able to get FA cup semi tickets a couple of times (if they don't sell allocation to higher tiers it's based on how many games you've been to in previous 3 years) but no offer came my way.

Soldato
If that's genuinely the case then I wonder what the legal situation is with respect to charging other people additional fees to be be on the waiting list but then bypassing them? How was the ticket offered to you? I go to enough home games (10-18 a season) that I've been able to get FA cup semi tickets a couple of times (if they don't sell allocation to higher tiers it's based on how many games you've been to in previous 3 years) but no offer came my way.
Came directly from a guy who works for arsenal box office.

At first i thought it was a spam but i googled the bloke and his linkedIn profile and he works for arsenal and the email address etc looked legit

Hi jonneymendoza,

Are you interested in Arsenal Football Club season tickets? Don’t want to wait 10-15 years to get one? Please feel free to enquire about our Club Level and Platinum Membership today…

I am delighted to inform you that we are currently selling a limited number of Club Level season tickets for the 2018/19 season. Each Club Level season ticket includes every Premier League, European, FA Cup and League Cup home fixture. You will also receive a match day programme and halftime beer, wine or soft drink at every fixture.

For more information on our Platinum Memberships, please go to the following link - Platinum Membership - Arsenal F.C

If you would like to discuss this in more detail or get on board for next season, please contact me on 0207 704 4567.

Kind regards.

Sean

Initial email sent to me and we went back and forth about it.

Man of Honour
Aha! Club level / Platinum memberships are much more expensive than regular season tickets. When I looked a few years ago the cheapest was about two and half grand.

Associate
A couple of papers seem to be putting a lot of weight on Pochettino's post match comments regarding his future. I hope it's true and that he ends up at Arsenal. He's the most natural replacement for Wenger.

Soldato
OP
A couple of papers seem to be putting a lot of weight on Pochettino's post match comments regarding his future. I hope it's true and that he ends up at Arsenal. He's the most natural replacement for Wenger.

Because be hasnt won anything? Honestly dont get the love with Poch tbh.

Arsenal should just go for Simeone tbh.

Caporegime

I’d love to see him at arsenal but at the moment his squad is far better than what we have right now. But I can’t see it happening really.

Because be hasnt won anything? Honestly dont get the love with Poch tbh.

Arsenal should just go for Simeone tbh.

Simeone won’t leave Atlético unless it’s for a much bigger club ie Real, Barca, PSG or Bayern...maybe even Utd.

I don’t even think he’s in the running for the job. It seems like Enrique, Ancelotti and a few others are being linked with the arsenal job. Both Enrique and Ancelotti have alluded to wanting the job.

Either way I just hope we don’t take too long announcing our new manager.

Don
If Poch won't manage Barca out of respect for Espanyol, does anybody really think he'd manage a far inferior side in Arsenal having managed Spurs?

Soldato
Gazidis said during Friday's press thing that the next guy has to be “someone who plays exciting and progressive football.” I haven't watched AM under Simeone for a while but I don't remember their style of play being either of those things.

Soldato
OP
Wait...Arsenal are bigger then Athletico...not only that but its a massive project and would be appealing to a shed tonne of managers.

Gazidis can say what he likes, if Simeone says he'll take the job...he gets it.

Man of Honour
club level is basically 3 course meal and drinks before every game

You get a free drink at half time but if you want a meal and drinks before hand you have to pay extra, to get that bundled with a season ticket is about £5k+.
I was (unofficially) offered a third share of a platinum membership last year but I just couldn't justify the cost considering plus the hassle of agreeing who goes to what matches, transferring card around etc.

I reckon I spend about £500-800 a year so a normal season ticket wouldn't be too much of a stretch but when you are talking well over a ton per match (assuming you go to all games) it just seems too much for a team not in the CL.

Don
Ok, we've established than jonney was being economical with the truth regarding season ticket waiting lists. Now get back on topic.

Back
Top Bottom