Alfie Evans...

Caporegime
I'm not sure what you're having difficulty understanding here /sigh. You claimed that he was breathing on his own but needed an oxygen tank to breath, they are mutually exclusive, you cannot be capable of breathing on your own AND require assistance to breath because you can't breathe on your own.

I was simply pointing out that one of those statements must be false (due to the mutual exclusivity).

no, you just misread a post... I even quoted it for you above but you still don't get it...

do you understand that if you're dehydrated you can be said to "need water"?

that doesn't imply you're currently receiving water

so I made a statement that he was breathing on his own i.e. without support... but needs oxygen, it doesn't imply he's currently receiving oxygen especially when the next words are "and the hospital won't allow it"

you've just misread a post (your mistake was that you decided that "needs oxygen" must imply he's receiving oxygen) and when you quoted it you chose to cut out the bit that actually puts it in context (which you've done a second time above)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it is, you can't be simultaneously capable of breathing on your own and also require assistance in order to breathe.
It's not my boy is on oxygen, yet is breathing just fine.
Currently managing on the minamum amount of 0.1 lpm. With a view to wean him off slowly over the next few weeks/months.
The amount of people that haven't a clue what they are talking about is ridiculous.

There are also multiple levels of ventilation not all do all the breathing for you.

Soldato
you've just misread a post (your mistake was that you decided that "needs oxygen" must imply he's receiving oxygen)
Nope, I never said nor thought he was receiving oxygen. Like I said I was simply pointing out that saying he is breathing without assistance but that he needs assistance to breathe is an oxymoron.

I.E saying a coin landed heads up but is tails.

Caporegime
Nope, I never said nor thought he was receiving oxygen. Like I said I was simply pointing out that saying he is breathing without assistance but that he needs assistance to breathe is an oxymoron.

I.E saying a coin landed heads up but is tails.

how is it an oxymoron?

he was breathing on his own

he apparently needed oxygen

both those things were true - and he's now receiving oxygen.. you seemed to think earlier that one of them was false, you stated it in a previous post, you're getting a bit confused here and I'm really not sure what or why you're trying to argue about this???

Caporegime
Because you can't be capable of breathing without assistance AND require assistance to breathe. It's not a difficult concept.

he needed oxygen and the hospital wouldn't allow it (at the time) - he's now receiving oxygen

those two statements were true, you're trying to rephrase stuff because you've made up some pedantic argument over nothing - what exactly do you think was false about what I stated?

Soldato

he needed oxygen and the hospital wouldn't allow it (at the time) - he's now receiving oxygen

those two statements were true, you're trying to rephrase stuff because you've made up some pedantic argument over nothing - what exactly do you think was false about what I stated?
Some people just like to argue over things they know nothing about, similar to the mob that's outside the hospital.

Soldato
What we do know is that Alfie has a progressive neurodegenerative disease that produces excess fluid on his brain, close to 70% of his brain is now non-functional and cannot be restored.

The child even if kept artifically alive will be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

In America they keep people alive in this state indefinitley as per their insurance plans.. In the UK we aren't as stupid, we know when it is time to let a person pass... Well at least i thought we did, until sandra, sue, barbra and colin with their facebook MD's chirped up.

Caporegime
It's not my boy is on oxygen, yet is breathing just fine.
Currently managing on the minamum amount of 0.1 lpm. With a view to wean him off slowly over the next few weeks/months.
The amount of people that haven't a clue what they are talking about is ridiculous.

There are also multiple levels of ventilation not all do all the breathing for you.

Why is he on oxygen? Must be a pain to live with :(

Soldato
Why is he on oxygen? Must be a pain to live with :(
He was born with PPHN had to go on heart and lung bypass, then various levels of ventilation then optiflow and now oxygen. Dead easy to live with really just has a pipe attached to him. Doesn't stop us doing anything.

Caporegime
He was born with PPHN had to go on heart and lung bypass, then various levels of ventilation then optiflow and now oxygen. Dead easy to live with really just has a pipe attached to him. Doesn't stop us doing anything.

Ah gotcha, I thought it was something worse (I have no idea about these conditions, excuse my ignorance). Is it a life long condition?

Associate
according to some of his followers the judge, the doctors, the nurses etc should be done for murder.... yet he is still alive???

Im done with the internet today its giving me a headache.

Soldato
Ah gotcha, I thought it was something worse (I have no idea about these conditions, excuse my ignorance). Is it a life long condition?

Worse. It was as bad as it gets. He needed ECMO which is a very new procedure for newborns and has life changing impacts. He had a grade 4 bleed which basically killed the left side of his brain.
He required such invasive ventilation at St Mary's that they ruptured his lungs. He went on nitric oxide as high as it goes, 100% oxygen, multiple blood pressure drugs, and an oscillating ventilator, before being rushed to Alder Hey where they saved his life. He was a matter of minute from dying. When he had the bleed they also thought he might die, and the surgery to relieve the pressure could have killed him. In total I think I signed 3 consent forms that all had death or life changing complications as the possible outcome.
Its a sad hospital to be at, the sickest children end up there, parents in tears in the corridors. Then you have these people there shouting, burn the place down.
I really do hate them and it's very rare for me to feel so strong about people. They made my wife feel like we were in danger.

Caporegime
Worse. It was as bad as it gets. He needed ECMO which is a very new procedure for newborns and has life changing impacts. He had a grade 4 bleed which basically killed the left side of his brain.
He required such invasive ventilation at St Mary's that they ruptured his lungs. He went on nitric oxide as high as it goes, 100% oxygen, multiple blood pressure drugs, and an oscillating ventilator, before being rushed to Alder Hey where they saved his life. He was a matter of minute from dying. When he had the bleed they also thought he might die, and the surgery to relieve the pressure could have killed him. In total I think I signed 3 consent forms that all had death or life changing complications as the possible outcome.
Its a sad hospital to be at, the sickest children end up there, parents in tears in the corridors. Then you have these people there shouting, burn the place down.
I really do hate them and it's very rare for me to feel so strong about people. They made my wife feel like we were in danger.

Wow, thanks for sharing that. Sounds like quite the ordeal but you seem to be quite strong about it so fair play to you & your family :)

Caporegime
I don't think it should be legal to protest outside a hospital, Police should disperse them.

We have a pregnancy clinic about 250 yards from our house and there are frequently people protesting outside. They don't make a noise or anything, they just stand there, sometimes with pickets, judging those who are inside. Sometimes they stand there praying, there's a group who even light candles. I once stopped to ask them why they're standing there judging people who are already facing potentially one of the most difficult things they'll have to deal with in their lives. Their response was predictaboy a load of religious guff, so I told them to stop being delusional, god doesn't exist. Does my head in. It's none of their business what goes on in there, **** off and leave those people alone.

Soldato
I feel bad for the kid but it's ridiculous how much media coverage a story like this gets when there are many other children around the world who are facing the same or worse conditions.

Back
Top Bottom