• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i78 8700 dropping speed and voltage during benchmarks and gaming :(

Associate
Hi all,

I have a problem and its probably something simple but as this is my first pc upgrade in a while the BIOS/UEFI has waaay to many options lol, Could someone tell me is this problem caused by a setting issue or a problem with the CPU itself as its driving me up the wall, I wanted the non K model because at the time I thought well i've always brought the K models but never actually overclocked them, not knowing at the time that the non k model is actually clocked lower, but its still pretty decent when it doesnt start throttling itself anyway.

I have recorded a video of the issue and put it on youtube if anyone could help It would be greatly
appreciated.

Soldato
Do you have MCE enabled. all core turbo?

You are hitting the Max TDP limit on the i7-8700 (65W). It is going to 92W+ then resetting to 65W on the package.

This is just my 2c worth as I do not have that CPU. What motherboard?

EDIT If the voltage settings are on auto, you may try reducing voltages, undervolting. Some motherboards provide higher voltage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom