Battletech

Associate
Haven't had time to play this yet but I did run it to check video settings and I use Ultrawide 3440x1440 and I can select that res in both fullscreen and window mode (although you need to run the BG app to remove window borders as it has not borderless option). I ran it briefly on that res and seems to work fine. Also, didn't crash, at least not yet.

In short: 3440x1440 works!

Soldato
I found at 3440x1440 some buttons and hud elements dropped off the bottom of the screen and were not selectable whilst other elements overlapped each other on the screen

Soldato
Yep, I asked the dev's in the launch stream and they said all resolutions up to 4k were supported but no 21:9.

I'll wait and see if they patch it in plus it might be cheaper by then.

Associate
well im enjoying it although finding the missions a little too long and i've no idea what half the bars and icons mean on the Hud. I was hoping there would be a downloadable manual for it since i've next to no idea about the board game that it sprung from.

Associate
well im enjoying it although finding the missions a little too long and i've no idea what half the bars and icons mean on the Hud. I was hoping there would be a downloadable manual for it since i've next to no idea about the board game that it sprung from.

Yeah, I've only played the first mission so maybe there's more guidance after but for me it's a "careful what you wish for" situation as hand-holding explain-athon tutorial missions can be tedious, but on the other hand I too am unclear on how to read some of the information provided. Just a case of playing more (not getting slaughtered!) and working it all out I suppose.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Cancel all dev work on this game....

Make Battletec Royal happen on HUGE HUGE MAPS, I want to crush trees.

Might use some pubg funds to buy this at the weekend :)

Associate
Just bought this gem of a game, can't wait to delve into it. Been watching some Twitch streams and looks like my jam being a Mech Commander fan.

Associate
found a really annoying bug where the screen just constantly rotates. I cant stop it and its driving me nuts! Its been fine up to today and there havnt been any updates to drivers or anything.

Anyone know of this and know how to stop it?

Associate
Yeah i had a controller plugged in. Took it out and the screen stopped :)

So how do you get more than one "go" per turn? I just had my first real mission i guess, a 2 skull one. I was up against 6 mechs and 3 vehicles, very fair! Every turn in combat it seemed i could only do something with 1 of my mechs but the enemy were moving 2 or 3 at a time. Consequently i got cut to ribbons.

Soldato
I've only done the first 2 missions/tutorials. There does seem to be massive framerate drops even on my 1080 FTW. Also the textures don't look as good as i would have thought (i want an ultra option dammit:p).

Associate
With regard to the 21:9 issue, all I do is run missions at 3440x1440 then switch to 1920x1200 when back on the Leopard doing the management side. Just make sure you're in borderless window mode, there's a post pinned on the steam forum on how to do it.
Only takes a few seconds and works fine :)
I lost the whole day to this game yesterday, most enjoyable :)

Soldato
I bought this last night and played the first two missions. Lost my spider right at the end of the second one, boooooo. The rest went unscathed. They do a good job of focusing down weak mechs. Enjoying it so far so I'm gonna keep it

Soldato
Yeah i had a controller plugged in. Took it out and the screen stopped :)

So how do you get more than one "go" per turn? I just had my first real mission i guess, a 2 skull one. I was up against 6 mechs and 3 vehicles, very fair! Every turn in combat it seemed i could only do something with 1 of my mechs but the enemy were moving 2 or 3 at a time. Consequently i got cut to ribbons.

Once in combat there is phases that you go through. These are based on your mech pilot initiative. So you mech will be rated 1 to 4. This means that you start with initiative 4. Then their initiative 4 go, then your initiative 3 and so on. So if they have 5 that are higher initiative 3 they all go before your initiative 2 pilot. The smaller the mech generally the higher the initiative.

I hope that helps. You can then plan your actions based on your levels and make sure they move as expected relative to one another. As you see enemy turns of movement you can note their initiative and calculate your actions to reply.

Soldato
My thought so far is that it is okay. The gameplay is good and there is some nice details with management. Graphics are just a little dated. The textures are very low res, likely to be as low as 480p which really blurs on higher res screens and gets muddy.

Would like to see them work on updating the mech models into much more higher resolution and then work on updating the particle effects. They are the most obvious. There are some nice touches but they just look like they are half done. Maybe down to budget more than anything. There is a lot of game for the monies though at £35.

Soldato
I'm quite liking the story. I feel like I have some choices and that I am taking risks, even though I know I'm being driven along a scripted plot.

Back
Top Bottom