Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Associate
No one wanted this game to fail, I gave them my money and left it there.

The problem is, the developers came out dick swinging from the off... it got a bit of momentum from those desperate for a chance of fame (nothing wrong with that).

However there is no point whipping it out if its the size of a little finger in the middle of a Chippendales show....you will look silly. Thats Battalion... PUBG is a one off, CSGO wasnt great... but look at us... yeah look at you, embarrassing, get dressed and **** off :D

Add to that the game mechanics are shoddy, servers havent been great, bugs, lack of patches, poor maps in the main, an attempt at a competitive mode that dosent work yet.... its everything it shouldnt be. Those clinging to 'old school fps' helped nail the game into its coffin, the casual crowd that makes a game money and popular was alienated from the off as everything in the game and its 'community' was geared to professionals, which in itself as a description of players in this game, is hilarious.

They might turn it around, but its going to be a long road... I bet they gambled on selling a load of crates, another shocking decision for such a poor EA effort.

Its crap from game to developers to community.

Soldato
No one wanted this game to fail, I gave them my money and left it there.

The problem is, the developers came out dick swinging from the off... it got a bit of momentum from those desperate for a chance of fame (nothing wrong with that).

However there is no point whipping it out if its the size of a little finger in the middle of a Chippendales show....you will look silly. Thats Battalion... PUBG is a one off, CSGO wasnt great... but look at us... yeah look at you, embarrassing, get dressed and **** off :D

Add to that the game mechanics are shoddy, servers havent been great, bugs, lack of patches, poor maps in the main, an attempt at a competitive mode that dosent work yet.... its everything it shouldnt be. Those clinging to 'old school fps' helped nail the game into its coffin, the casual crowd that makes a game money and popular was alienated from the off as everything in the game and its 'community' was geared to professionals, which in itself as a description of players in this game, is hilarious.

They might turn it around, but its going to be a long road... I bet they gambled on selling a load of crates, another shocking decision for such a poor EA effort.

Its crap from game to developers to community.

I cant say I disagree with anything you've said there!

Nostalgia is fake.... Its near impossible to recreate it. I'd love to go back to the days of drinking with my mates down the park without a care, impossible to go back.

Soldato
No, with your spelling and grammar its hard to decipher any post made.

Nice to pop in there with a quick insult though, its like the DayZ thread all over again. DG declares amazing game, sings its praises until everyone realises its pump then pretends he knew it was pump all along.

To be fair to DG..... He always manages to hype and pump the worse games in the history of gaming. So if you follow what he says and do the opposite then you'll not be disappointed haha!

Caporegime
OP
says goon you backed some right bad ens.joking aside only reason i put this up is because on paper it sounded like what we wanted a ww2 game like oldskool shooters.thats the problem now days.any person can take engines like unreal 4 engine and buy some assets off the market and churn out a game.even with little knowledge.

as for SA similar sort of thing i was trying to give them benefit of the doubt and in the hope the clowns would hopefully pull something similar to the mod we loved.it didnt happen.just wanted to play dayz and carry on killing you and everyone else on here :p

so yes i promoted two games.lol.you probably promoted more than me. also if you look at todays games or in recent years how many have been amazing ? honetly. a handful if that. people just love to bait water off the back quack ! :D

Soldato
says goon you backed some right bad ens.joking aside only reason i put this up is because on paper it sounded like what we wanted a ww2 game like oldskool shooters.thats the problem now days.any person can take engines like unreal 4 engine and buy some assets off the market and churn out a game.even with little knowledge.

as for SA similar sort of thing i was trying to give them benefit of the doubt and in the hope the clowns would hopefully pull something similar to the mod we loved.it didnt happen.just wanted to play dayz and carry on killing you and everyone else on here :p

so yes i promoted two games.lol.you probably promoted more than me. also if you look at todays games or in recent years how many have been amazing ? honetly. a handful if that. people just love to bait water off the back quack ! :D

No way.... Dayz is my biggest mistake, but even I saw the writing on the wall after release!

As for other games I've hyped, BF3 thread I started on here was the biggest thread of all time........ Aside from that I've only hyped games with in my clan which have failed.... Hunt being one.

Anyways... the market is terrible.

Soldato
I've not even heard anyone talk about it since it was released tbh, much less seen them playing it

The concept imo is amazing! Like a ww2 version of Tarkov!

But meh.... The game market is weird as hell lately. Personally i've found some serious love in the Battle Royal mode. Be interesting to see how the next 2 - 3 years go with the tripple A publishers trying to cash in

Associate
I'd say it's a shame, but looking back nostalgia was the only reason I backed this on Kickstarter. The dev team is a bunch of graduates with little to no experience of game design, if they played it smart they could have taken the cash and ran the moment they realised the project was a little too ambitious and not going to take off. Seems like they're investing everything they have and I just don't see it working out well.

RIP MOH:AA.

Caporegime
OP
you can be negative or....give it a chance. square enix working with them lots have changed new maps graphics alsorts. it plays really well.

PSA: A friendly reminder that the version of Battalion 1944 on Steam is NOT the full/finished version that is releasing on the 23rd of May when we leave early access. It's a very outdated version! Feel free to play it to get back into Battalion but it is a very different game!

Last edited:
Associate
you can be negative or....give it a chance. square enix working with them lots have changed new maps graphics alsorts. it plays really well.

PSA: A friendly reminder that the version of Battalion 1944 on Steam is NOT the full/finished version that is releasing on the 23rd of May when we leave early access. It's a very outdated version! Feel free to play it to get back into Battalion but it is a very different game!

Give it a chance?

It died because it was terrible.

Now, all of a sudden a game absolutely no one at all, (like totally no one at all) plays has come out with a reskinned version of itself and we should give it a chance.....

Nice promo, buts its a hell no from me.

Back
Top Bottom