New 144hz 4k monitor spotted, INSANE PRICES!!!

Soldato
So i have been looking around i can stumbled over the new 4k 144hz from asus and acer and the prices was absolutely insane and stupid to say the least. Wonder if @Gibbo has something to add to this. Now this is not from OCUK but from danish retailers that shall remain unnamed but the prices are as follows:

ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: 18995 DKK, unconfirmed availability 7th of May 2018
37c5da00-6edc-0753-d0c1-77d259672161.jpg

Acer Predator X27: 18990 DKK, unconfirmed availability 6th of june 2018
ACPREDX27_1

So roughly 2214 pounds.. WT*?!?

Soldato
Lol not a chance.

Maybe the reason they've been delayed is because they're waiting for some new GPUs to push 4K above 60 Hz - many enthusiasts who like max settings are going to struggle with a 1080 Ti

Soldato
£2k.. for a monitor that should last 8 years easily technologically as jumping to 8k 144hz is going to really push GPU design ...

£22pm for 8 years. personally dont think thats bad considering people spend roughly £33pm on a phone every 2 years without blinking :D

Soldato
OP
£2k.. for a monitor that should last 8 years easily technologically as jumping to 8k 144hz is going to really push GPU design ...

£22pm for 8 years. personally dont think thats bad considering people spend roughly £33pm on a phone every 2 years without blinking :D

haha your a very optimistic person if you think an acer or asus monitor will actually function for that long. Good laugh thanks man

Soldato
OP
Samsung screen ... Can't say for the rest inside it though haha
Can't say i've had a good experience with samsung panels lately and i've been through a couple over the last 3 years.. Maybe i'm just unlucky. Nevertheless over 2,2k for a 144hz 4k at a size of 27 inches seems completely retarded to me. If they had made it 32 inches and dropped to price to around 1300-1400 launch i've could have accepted it as early adopters fee, but still expensive. This however is just ludicrous to me. But to each their own. I'm sure someone is about to overcharge their credit card and sign up for a kidney transfer to pay it off.

Soldato

Breaking it down into monthly installments is dumb when you won't be paying for it in monthly installments...

Soldato
Denmark have 25% VAT so that's going to be around £2K over here.

I'm going to wait for reviews but I could well be an early adopter, though more likely from a supplier better than those two. And older games can easily beat 60 fps at 4K. I ran the original Far Cry at over 180 fps on Titan XM SLI with everything maxxed. Borderlands 2 also runs at over 60 fps.

Associate

The way I think of it is: Kaapstad bought two Titan V's expecting to be able to SLI them, but they turned out to be incapable of supporting SLI, so spending £2000 on a monitor is only 1/3 of the mistake he made. :p

Ahh sod it, I'm not going to be able to convince myself to buy it when it comes to the crunch. Ridiculous price for a monitor.

Associate
It's too bad game tech ain't following on PC. All this money to replay the same games in our libraries without them looking any different except in fps.

No HDR in Forza, Gears and Tomb Raider. No Atmos support in games that have it in console ports.

AMD graphics division on the ropes. Nvidia taking the .....

PC gaming is my hobby but it's wounding me right now. :(

Associate

Eh If I don't have the money at hand is does not get bought.

Back
Top Bottom