Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th April - 1st May 2018]

Soldato
Souness really does speak a load of rubbish

Said arsenal are no where near united etc etc

We finished above utd the last 4 seasons spending half a billion less. get real lad

Man of Honour
Aren't Burnley only 1 point behind arsenal as this stands? At this rate Wenger's leaving gift to arsenal will be no European football if he's not careful.
Arsenal are guaranteed European football next season because even if they lose every game they will still finish in the top 7 - both domestic cup winners would finish above them so there is an extra two spaces on offer from the league.

3 points and we've got a game in hand which is against them I think

That doesn't really make sense though, when comparing the two clubs the game in hand can't be against them because then by definition Burnley would be playing an extra game as well :)

Caporegime
look at the semi finals of each tournament we won, he has scored vital goals in them

And as I said that doesn't make him vital. If we hadn't had to play hoofball because he was on the pitch and had a competent footballer playing in his place then we might not have even needed his goal. He weakens us far more than he strengthens us.

Soldato
And as I said that doesn't make him vital. If we hadn't had to play hoofball because he was on the pitch and had a competent footballer playing in his place then we might not have even needed his goal. He weakens us far more than he strengthens us.

still a good plan b and offers us another option going forward as he has scored clutch goals

Soldato
Lets not forget he isn't a forward.
He has been used as one enough to be considered that

Actually he has probably played more as a No10 at Everton and Utd than Rashford has played totally - let alone in Rashford's preferred central role

Lets also consider that Utd shouldn't be "hitting and hoping" which is how Fellaini plan b ends up being , we should be buying / promoting a creative player to break similar teams down, not relying on a 30 year old that fouls more than he scores (and misses open goals more than he fouls)

I find it interesting how United fans seem to slaughter Feillani so much yet players like Rashford seemingly get an easy ride.

Rashford doesn't get an easy ride - but the fact is despite your very misleading stat, is that Rashford has directly contributes to 20 goals this season (majority before Sanchez arrived, after which he has barely played) - where as Fellaini has got 5

I would prefer Rashford playing in central midfield than ever seeing Fellaini again in a Utd shirt

That's even above the dangerous precedent that this looks like becoming offering a 30 year old more and more money until he stays

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't get why United are so desperate to keep hold of Fellaini, I absolutely hate him. He might score the occasional late winner but he is a complete donkey in every other aspect of his game and represents a very frustrating plan B for United. Supposedly United are willing to pay him £140k a week to stay, that's mad for a 30 year old player who is (hopefully) going to be an impact sub at best. Sadly it seems like JM likes him, so I've no doubt we'll end up offering him a lucrative new deal and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Don
I really don't get why United are so desperate to keep hold of Fellaini, I absolutely hate him. He might score the occasional late winner but he is a complete donkey in every other aspect of his game and represents a very frustrating plan B for United. Supposedly United are willing to pay him £140k a week to stay, that's mad for a 30 year old player who is (hopefully) going to be an impact sub at best. Sadly it seems like JM likes him, so I've no doubt we'll end up offering him a lucrative new deal and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't think Utd are desperate to keep him, hence the contract stand off. Mourinho is desperate to keep him though which is why the club are offering him something. I know your fans hate him but while Mourinho's your manager then Fellaini's always going to be an important and effective player for you.

Back
Top Bottom