S8 or LG G6?

Soldato
I've settled on buying a handset outright for ~£300 - £350.

It looks like i can get a G6 lightly used for 285, whereas the s8 generally about 380.

At those prices, is the s8 worth the extra? There seems to be lots of side by side reviews almost comparing them as equals.

Associate
I would make my decision based on the software (especially the camera controls) and likelihood of updates. Hardware wise they're both good.

Soldato
i have the G6. I don't agree about the camera being pants. I think it's really good. Good in low light and the wide angle is great too. I've had mine for a year and got it from EGlobalUK for just over £300. ITs the 64gb version with the quad dac. At the time nothing could touch it for price, features, value. Really does Oreo make that much difference? I doubt most people would notice.

Associate
Looking for a phone for the Mrs in the same price range - Nokia 8 is currently top of the list. Nokia 7 Plus also looks good but she prefers the slightly smaller dimensions of the 8. Both run stock android with guaranteed updates, supposedly.

Soldato
Camera and screen are both better on the s8. Especially the screen. Is it.worth the extra? Well nothing really comes close to a modern Samsung oled panel, just don't drop them - they're rather fragile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom