• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7nm Vega 20 32GB GPU 3DMark Performance Benchmark Leaked

Soldato
Here is a good example of 3dmark getting it very wrong.

Check out my Time Spy score for a single RX 480 :D

The result is only marked as invalid because I used beta drivers.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/117720

I was actually using 3 cards in crossfire but 3dmark totally missed this.:)

That's fine but it's also getting plenty correct as well as in card name, base clock and the amount of memory. Memory clock is off but it's showing it in 2d state which again is wrong but still correct for 2d. Nothing about that other run is correct for Vega 64 or any card AMD have on the market atm. This is why i am open to the possibility it's a new chip from AMD. It might also be a freak run but it can't really be dismissed as fud atm the same it can't be classed as fact.

bru

bru

Soldato
One other thing to think about with these Vega 20 rumours, is that they have halved the power consumption, more or less and just as we found with the transition to 16nm/14nm you can have more performance or energy savings. It is really some feat to get both, a big boost in performance and halve the power consumption all in one jump, especially seeing as it reportedly has the same number of shaders as Vega 10.

Associate
One other thing to think about with these Vega 20 rumours, is that they have halved the power consumption, more or less and just as we found with the transition to 16nm/14nm you can have more performance or energy savings. It is really some feat to get both, a big boost in performance and halve the power consumption all in one jump, especially seeing as it reportedly has the same number of shaders as Vega 10.

Thats how efficiency works, Vega right now likely uses a lot of power on stuff that isn't needed or being used for the performance, if the power delivered is being provided to the right parts only then you get the performance to power ratio where it should be.

Caporegime
I really hope those specifications are true I'm dying here waiting for AMD to release something new.
This is not for gamer's.

The instrinic AI features are yet more proof this is just an HPC part, even if you didn't believe AMD's own statements that this is for HPC market. And won't be released until next year.

That doesn't mean AMD won't have something for gamers. But it won't be 7nm before 2H2019. Maybe something on 12nm, aka16nm, aka 20nm to match Nvidia's Ampere/Turing

bru

bru

Soldato
All those specs tell us is that they have managed to halve the power consumption, which brings it into line with their competition.

The leaked part is (as stated above) not for the gamers market, although it is of course an indication of what they are planning.

Man of Honour
All those specs tell us is that they have managed to halve the power consumption, which brings it into line with their competition.

The leaked part is (as stated above) not for the gamers market, although it is of course an indication of what they are planning.

I would not take those specs seriously.:D

Permabanned
https://wccftech.com/amd-has-working-7nm-gpus-running-in-labs-sampling-later-this-year/

AMD President & CEO Dr. Lisa Su – Q1 2018 Earnings Report

“I’m also happy to report that our next-generation 7nm Radeon Instinct product, optimized for machine learning workloads, is running in our labs and we remain on track to provide samples to customers later this year.”

AMD needs also the replacement of Polaris aka RX 580 already.
They can make a 7nm mainstream chip with higher clocks and more shaders, give it at least 60-70% performance improvement and call it RXI 680.
Let's hope Vega 12 is this.

Soldato
https://wccftech.com/amd-has-working-7nm-gpus-running-in-labs-sampling-later-this-year/

AMD needs also the replacement of Polaris aka RX 580 already.
They can make a 7nm mainstream chip with higher clocks and more shaders, give it at least 60-70% performance improvement and call it RXI 680.
Let's hope Vega 12 is this.

While it's not a gaming chip it's good news that 7 nm is not to far away. Hopefully see Navi in early 2019 and not late 2019. Still it would be good to see something before then as i think Nvidia will take an even bigger lead performance wise within the next 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom