Help, Excel on one PC wont open spreadsheets properly

Permabanned
Wierd one this, im rarely stumped. Office with several identical PC's all running office 2013

on just one PC, excel documents used for invoicing open but you cannot read the data in them. Cells look empty, but click them and you can see the data in the formula bar.

All other identical PC's open these fine.

If i ctrl-A and remove all formatting the spreadsheet displays fine

have done several repair installs and even upgraded to O2016 and it is exactly the same. But on any other PC the document opens perfectly.

Why is the formatting breaking one PC? Any ideas guys? Driving me nuts

Soldato
Uninstall, clear out temp folders(manual wipe contents if necessary), reinstall.

If functionality stills fails after that, test a fresh user account on the system and see if the problem persists.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks m8. Gave all that a go, no joy, fixed it by midnight, guess what it was? Arial Narrow Bold had gone walkies in the creators upgrade to win 10. Change font and it was all there!!

Grabbed a copy of the font off another PC and boom.

Thats definitely a first for me

Permabanned
OP
Is that a custom font? Not here on Windows 7.
Based on the mad amount of googling I did last night those fonts were taken out of 7. Most of the issues matching mine were from people on 7. In my case it appears the narrow set of the arial family was taken out of a recent update. Or lost in it somehow. Wierd

Back
Top Bottom