What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
Similar to the threads on console/PC forums, so what are you currently playing through?

I'm just about to start Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've never actually completed this game yet but I will probably give it a good go this time around.

Anyone can name any other good retro RPG games to look at? Interested to see what other games was released.

Soldato
Secret of mana was suppose to be just as good as link to the past, it's currently on steam as well. Never played mana but seems to be decent. I envy you with replaying Zelda, it's one of the best games I've ever played I'm sure ud enjoy it fully. Have fun.

Soldato
So much Jet Set Radio at the moment! It's amazing how addictive I still find it
I've just played this for the first time on OG Xbox, really unique! I do own the dreamcast one too but never got round to trying it out

Recently started scarface! A fairly competent GTA clone with some good ideas. I like the empire building aspect as I loved buying businesses in vice city, this takes that idea further. Not seen the film but I get the impression this is an example of a good Licensed game

20180411_215748.jpg

Man of Honour
No one lives forever and No one lives forever 2.
Still fabulous games. Shame the rights are tied up in all sorts of hell.

Found my Unirally snes cart too. High speed racing action banned by pixar.

Man of Honour
Currently playing three old games, albeit remade - C&C/RedAlert (OpenRA), Age of Empires HD (Steam) and Chaos Engine (Steam). Forgot how impossible Chaos Engine was!

Soldato
After listening to the latest Retronauts Podcast I got the itch to play Sonic Adventure again (I've not touched my Dreamcast for ages).
I loved this game. Recently revisited it and if you can put up with some slightly wonky controls, I think it's still great for what it is.

Man of Honour
Sure is a brutal game! Its a game that naturally feels like you need to be fast and offensive, but in reality its so unforgiving that you have to take it much slower than you'd like. Still great though and will always be one of my faves :)
Yep its so zoomed in most the time I keep getting killed by walking into the enemy when running around so have to keep going slow as you say. Good fun though.

Associate
GTA Vice City (PC) recently purchased Disk and Steam versions. Having a nightmare trying to install the Silent Patch (and subsequent mods) on Windows 10. Crashes every time. I know I have not got optimum settings but its stable. Just nagging doubt that I am missing out on something.

At present just using the Widescreen patch and restored the music.

The default controller input seems very good for my XBox One controller, far less twitchy than keyboard only so cars very drive-able. I'm going to persevere and see how it goes; No doubt some game changing bug will rear it's head.

First time play through. I missed out on many 00' games as my PC was at the time, obsolete. Liking the references to Carlito's Way (one of my favourite movies) :)

Back
Top Bottom