"Fake Duracell Industrial batteries"

Soldato
OP
Look at my post #87. Reply from duracell customer service. Packaging is recycled paper and batteries from Belguim do not have the laser etched number. Those could quite easily be genuine.

They told me they all have the numbers etched. I have had some Belgium ones with the etching ?

Tbh I gave up buying them as it seems a complete minefield of fakes...

Don
Used batteries are very good value for money, they're free of charge!

Amazing :D

So, I just got ANOTHER box of fakes off of the bay... not even that cheap either!

I even specifically asked if the batts were genuine, had the etching, had the colour banding etc. And the seller said they did :rolleyes:

Is it just a case of asking the seller for a return or should I also report to eBay? Anyone with recent experience? The seller was savinguk to warn people.

The only thing ebay is good for is very basic electrical components and things like cheap thread from china.

Soldato
I ended up buying some batteries from Amazon, Duracell Power Plus this time. Direct from Amazon, from the Marketplace and I'm not convinced...

Long expiry date, no machine etched serial number on the battery, no coloured banding at the base, identical serial/batch number on every packet :(

DSC_1645.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

I feel like I've been diddled again? When will I learn :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
I ended up buying some batteries from Amazon, Duracell Power Plus this time. Direct from Amazon, from the Marketplace and I'm not convinced...

Long expiry date, no machine etched serial number on the battery, no coloured banding at the base, identical serial/batch number on every packet :(

I feel like I've been diddled again? When will I learn :mad:

They may well be ok. The etched serial number and band on the bottom of the cell is only relevant to the Industrial batteries.

Soldato
I know this is an old thread but still relevant and came up in a Google search for fake Duracell batteries.

These came today:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0185W1D5U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Duracell AAA Industrial Alkaline Battery (Pack of 50)

No idea if fake or not. The information in this thread and online seems to contradict.

Some say serial numbers are etched onto the battery, some say they do on Industrials, some say they don't.

The expiry date seems very long, March 2024.

I assume what is the "batch" number as it is printed on all boxes is 806086340D.

One thing is, the boxes for mine state AAA x 10 whereas some other boxes state AAA 10.

G9VvCzw.png - That is from Duracell website.

Oh well, no realway of knowing, will just see how they perform.

As a brand though, surely they should be doing more to protect the brand and consumers?

I will buy a more "trustable" brand in the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this is an old thread but still relevant and came up in a Google search for fake Duracell batteries.

These came today:

Can you post a picture of the actual batteries. The last time I had genuine ones they had a green ring around the bottom. The yellow is also different on the fake ones I've had.

Soldato
OP
I gave up buying Duracell’s and was buying Maplin batteries as they are just as good. Bit of an issue with that now so when I run low will need to find something new.

Back
Top Bottom