arghh i'm so mad at overclockers delivery (edit: not that mad anymore)

Associate
Sorry guys just need to rant somewhere.

I ordered a silverstone mini-itx case from OCUK to build a PC for my gf for the bank holiday weekend, and paid for saturday delivery. It comes today, and it's the wrong item! They delivered me a Seasonic PSU!

I call them up and they refund the shipping cost, but can't send me my item until the PSU is sent back (so I have to trek to my local DPD office) - they won't pick it up. Meaning it probably won't reach them until after the bank holiday, and then I have to wait for my case to come :(

Everytime someone queries OCUK's expensive delivery they always justify it by saying the delivery service is very good. Which is fine, and the guys on the phone at OCUK were polite and helpful, but in terms of returns/mistakes Amazon trumps them every time which is enough for me to choose them.

I was expecting (hoping) that they would send out the case for sunday delivery and pick up the PSU at the same time, since the incorrect item is on them. But now I'm stuck with no present for my gf asides from a bunch of PC components. Sigh... big let down

Associate
Mistakes happen, life goes on. Its going to be gorgeous this weekend. Take the girl out for a picnic and a nice stroll. Enjoy the weather!

Caporegime
Mistakes happen, life goes on. Its going to be gorgeous this weekend. Take the girl out for a picnic and a nice stroll. Enjoy the weather!
This. Surely frolicking naked in a field in the glorious sunshine is better than building a PC. It’s what I plan to do. I’ve just got to kidnap find a girl willing to frolic with me.

Associate
OP
Mistakes happen, life goes on. Its going to be gorgeous this weekend.
Yeah this is basically it (sadly) :p
I'll just cut my losses and submit to the higher powers :rolleyes:

I do wonder where you could at least get one from for tomorrow and just get the refund from ocuk.
Andi.
Return the PSU get refund for both item and delivery and get the case elsewhere that does bank holiday delivery?
I did consider this - but i'd have to pay for the delivery (which is even higher) so i've just accepted it all now, you guys have accepted my rant so I feel better :D

I guess Amazon set a high bar for this sort of stuff which I shouldn't come to expect from everywhere. OK off to get this parcel sent back now :o

Associate
OP
Its ocuks mistake, they should be making sure you get the item you paid for on the day you paid for it to be delivered. Sending you a psu you didnt order is entirely their problem to solve.
Yeah it's true, not much I can do now though. But I'll always strive to order from somewhere else that will sort a problem like this better in the future. Just a learning experience for me at the end of the day.

Caporegime
If you're set on building this weekend then I'd source it elsewhere and get a refund. If not, then enjoy the weather and build later. It sucks but it's a fact of life unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom