*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Don
It's crazy to think that these two guys, a reasonable cruiserweight vs a broken heaveyweigh, have probably earned £10m+ each from the two fights. In terms of a boxing spectacle it's been a complete farce.

Soldato
I never saw the fight I just refuse to line Hayes pockets

I am sad he lost because age gets us all in the end and it’s sad, his body has failed his mind

That said how can these injury’s not show them selves in training camp?

Soldato
It's crazy to think that these two guys, a reasonable cruiserweight vs a broken heaveyweigh, have probably earned £10m+ each from the two fights. In terms of a boxing spectacle it's been a complete farce.
the 2 contests seem to be detached from boxing proper tbh

Don
Quoted for truth.
I touched on it just now. The quality of the fight isn't really a major factor as to whether something is PPV, it's the pantomime around it and whether you can sell it. Bellew and Haye both talk a good game and given their profile it was going to sell well regardless.

Associate
why do people talk about Haye's age when Bellew is 35. hardly any difference in it.

he definitely lost the exchanges though. should have played it a lot safer with the jab. didn't stick to his game plan

Don
why do people talk about Haye's age when Bellew is 35. hardly any difference in it.

he definitely lost the exchanges though. should have played it a lot safer with the jab. didn't stick to his game plan
Age isn't the biggest factor but the state of Haye's body. He might only be 2 years older but his body is well past his best. The injuries he's had would take there toll on any fighter but for such an explosive fighter like Haye it makes things doubly hard.

Soldato

Two completely different boxing styles, Haye simply cannot maintain his style with his age, simple as.

Soldato

Bellew has been a lot more active recently and less injured. Haye had a massive break from 2012-16 (Bellew had 9 fights during this period!). It's a combination of things but age definitely played a factor IMO, the body just can't repair like it can for a younger guy.

Associate
Age isn't the biggest factor but the state of Haye's body. He might only be 2 years older but his body is well past his best. The injuries he's had would take there toll on any fighter but for such an explosive fighter like Haye it makes things doubly hard.

that is the truth right there. at least he has got well paid on his way out the game after this fight.

Soldato
I like Bellew.
Fair play to him but I would like to see him fight someone that gets him the recognition he deserves. Haye wasn't really a test given his age and lack of credibility. Well done son.

Back
Top Bottom