1803 windows 10 update lost usb 3

Soldato
done the windows 1803 update and lost my boards usb3

tried uninstalling/reinstall and updating to fresco logics latest driver, it powers things my mouse ect but they do not work or be seen and i am getting the dreaded shutdown and starts itself back up again...

Soldato
done the windows 1803 update and lost my boards usb3

tried uninstalling/reinstall and updating to fresco logics latest driver, it powers things my mouse ect but they do not work or be seen and i am getting the dreaded shutdown and starts itself back up again...

Try open a command prompt as admin and run the sfc /sccannow option or time for a clean install id say and see if the problem rectifies itself, or you could try the factory reset option: Settings - Update and Security - Recovery - Reset this PC

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
You dont need to reinstall everything mate.

What worked for me is rollback to 1709 mate. To Rollback - Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Recover to last build. Go throught he wizard.

I had endless issues, with the start menu, search, cortana (stuck in endless loop in background process), Windows Defender constant crashing, sound issues, it has enabled fast boot up and automatically driver updates. Broke GPOs. etc

Soldato
OP
will be a rollback soon i think i have the restart issue sorted again.

every time i do a feature update like this it screws my usb up and the computer wont stay shutdown without a hard button press.
i know the board is getting on a bit (x79) but im not upgrading when i cannot max out a 3930k.

cheers chaps

Back
Top Bottom