Your football pet hates

Soldato
Funny thing is I both see where you are coming from but also do enjoy the game.

Some of my recent posts probably appear as if I'm more wrapped up in it than I actually am - it is more touching on pet hates of mine I carry in sports in general and/or even life in general.
I enjoy kicking a ball, but I cannot stand "football culture" at all.

Associate
Ipswich Town fan. The way we played for the majority of the season was mind numbingly dull and incredibly frustrating to watch.

Centre Backs (ie, Ramos) who get touched and end up flying for 10 yards.

Soldato
Fabricating free kicks by throwing your body in front of the ball just so a defender runs into you. Collapsing on the floor when it looks like they've lost the ball. Going down at the faintest of touches. Diving in general, hate it.

Caporegime
Foul throws
Diving and players going down too easily
Defenders clearly obstructing the ball as it goes out of play yet it's considered 'great defending', whether you class it as a foul or not it's annoying as ****.
Players getting injured off the pitch then roll back on it
Refs not adding enough time on for time wasting during added time
Subs during added time that are clearly for time wasting
Just general time wasting, keepers taking an age to kick the ball, players leaving the ball for someone else to take a corner/throw in etc
Different rules inside the box to outside the box
Keepers far too protected
Attacking players barging defenders in the back when it's always going to be given as a foul

Man of Honour
Subs during added time that are clearly for time wasting

I'm on the fence on that one - tactically its a valid move if a bit lame. Time wasting in general though I look down on - a little bit is fair game but excessively so is poor sportsmanship.

Attacking players barging defenders in the back when it's always going to be given as a foul

Last home town game I went to saw the other way around - less than 10 seconds into the match defender barged an attacking player = foul right in front of the goal which was turned into a goal less than 20 seconds into the game heh.

Underboss
Whenever Graeme Souness speaks about anything and broadcasters thinking ex-players will make worthy commentators just because.

Soldato
2 players going for a ball and it goes out for a corner or throw in and the player that knocked it out appeals for it even knowing full well they knocked it out.

general inability to pass the ball to their own player, especially when their under no pressure.

players wasting time during a match by faking an injury, yet when the opposition do it trying to drag them back to their feet.

kicking the **** out of a player then apologising and trying to help him to his feet

Defenders clearly obstructing the ball as it goes out of play yet it's considered 'great defending', whether you class it as a foul or not it's annoying as ****.

came someone explain why this isn't given as obstruction ?

Commissario
Players not returning the ball to the opposing team, picking it up when there's a foul/throw/whatever and hanging on to it. Just give it back and let the game flow for god's sake!!

Soldato
Opposition fans pretending Liverpool fans actually say these things. I hate it so much that I should make it a bannable offence :p
Oh there's no pretending ;) I've enough Liverpuddle supporting mates to know it gets (got) bandied around plenty. Thankfully though it seems to have waned somewhat. :p

Back
Top Bottom