Flat earth brigade - I have no words

Man of Honour
lol, that doesn't even make sense, they often fly about on camera and stand either way up.
so many group chats where some are standing up, some hanging down and then objects floating all on the same screen, that's some set work and pullies.

dumb ass people, but I agree with Alex_6n2 , as well as there seems to be a decent amount of trolls in that group, but far from most.

Soldato
With regards to things moving across the horizon, the gravity of the earth, I believe, is sufficient to "bend" light around it. Therefore it may well look like a flat horizon with a powerful pair of binoculars, but that's because the light that's reaching your eyes is bending around the earth with curvature.

These people are full idiots.

Soldato
With regards to things moving across the horizon, the gravity of the earth, I believe, is sufficient to "bend" light around it. Therefore it may well look like a flat horizon with a powerful pair of binoculars, but that's because the light that's reaching your eyes is bending around the earth with curvature.

nah, not even close - its refraction and well documented.

Soldato
Earth does bend light. The deflection is tiny though however still detectable!

The effect is called gravitational lensing.

Awesome, thanks.

millions if not billions of times more massive - in fact if you want to bend light over such a short distance its going to be an insane number far higher.

It's quite difficult to comprehend the sort of distances that we're really speaking in terms of.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
millions if not billions of times more massive - in fact if you want to bend light over such a short distance its going to be an insane number far higher.
A black hole is the most obvious one, but even planets (well solar systems really or galaxy clusters and stars bend light. This is called gravitational lensing, which astronomers use to photograph distant objects in the galaxy.

Associate
Pffft. There are numerous videos of hobbyists launching phones / drones / other recording devices into the Earth's atmosphere and the footage picks up the planet's curvature. Hell, even onboard a ferry, you can see a slight curvature. Those with such beliefs and other extreme beliefs should read the "How To Life" manual. How they're intelligent enough to apply for a job and get given a job offer begs the question.

How about this, if you pause it on one of the frames at 3:40, it shows the earth is flat, pause at another frame in 3:40 and it curves upwards, pause it on another at 3:40 and it shows us it's round as we believe, which really shows us the earth is actually flat and that the fisheye lens they used distorts the earth to be round when it's at the right angle. :D
I know the earth is round btw, I'm just having fun by pointing out how that video can't be used as evidence because of the lens distortion. They use those lenses for wide angle shots.

Soldato
A black hole is the most obvious one, but even planets (well solar systems really or galaxy clusters and stars bend light. This is called gravitational lensing, which astronomers use to photograph distant objects in the galaxy.

i meant if you wanted to bend light over a short distance like the video suggests (a few km) would take a huge amount of mass.

Soldato
I don't pay much attention usually to gofundme's and such like crowd funding but I would be sorely tempted to put some coin in to pay to put a couple of these nut jobs into the mig someone linked to earlier......just to see how they bs their way out of it.....if they still didn't accept the earth was round i'd suggest another flight and eject them at the planes highest point.

Back
Top Bottom