The Tesla Thread

Man of Honour
Oh dear and this is why I want to see action rather than words.
E-golf is stopping production and will be replaced by a 48v hybrid.
So much for their we're going to do EVs and do then we'll.

Soldato
You mean they are dropping an MQB platform compromised EV and replacing it with a specific MEB Electric product under the ID branding that pushes the material costs for an EV closer to that of an ICE and therefore a better offering for Joe Bloggs.

battery-costs-roadmap-by-volkswagen-768x333.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
And the e-Golf has outsold Tesla's models so far this year; although the Zoe and Leaf surpass it by some margin. It's funny how Tesla are the poster boys for electric when Renault and Nissan are delivering, and have delivered, so many more EV cars.

Caporegime
Any links? All I can find is information in March about them doubling production numbers and the Hubrid version being removed from sale due to demand (presumably they werent equipping the factory to do more than a few thousand a month?).

Caporegime
And the e-Golf has outsold Tesla's models so far this year; although the Zoe and Leaf surpass it by some margin. It's funny how Tesla are the poster boys for electric when Renault and Nissan are delivering, and have delivered, so many more EV cars.

Both their performance and range pales in comparison to Tesla though.

I believe the model 3 is the best selling EV in America now and even outsells the Toyota Prius hybrid

Caporegime
Soldato
That talk of colbalt supply being ‘secure’ is somewhat against the recent report Tesla are trying to minise the content in the batteries due to the instability of where its mined (Republic of Congo has 50%) and the rising prices - same issue as anyone else procuring commodities then...

Caporegime
Both are pretty desirable cars with decent performance. The Leaf does 0-60 in 7.9s, for example, faster than most cars on the road. Range is an issue if they're your only car, but plenty for most everyday usage.
They are selling more so must be more desirable /affordable.

Plus most buyers of electric cars are not in it for the performance

Soldato
Good to see these updates, but it really is frustrating to not hear anything from Tesla directly. Since placing the deposit for the Model 3, I can only think of maybe 1 email I've had relating to Model 3 news otherwise absolute radio silence.

Permabanned
They dont have a choice, they buy a slow run of the mill electric car or nothing at the moment.

Model S is all well and good but its hideously expensive, so until the 3 actually arrives there is nothing worth having in the electric niche.

Soldato
Er what, neither are desirable in anyway shape or form. :confused: Also thats not really "decent" performance.

3p per mile is pretty desirable for me. As is running it on renewable electricity. Don't give a **** about looks. Range suits our lifestyle (use it for short trips, school run etc). Our Leaf will humble most things cars away from the lights (up to about 30).

Caporegime
3p per mile is pretty desirable for me. As is running it on renewable electricity. Don't give a **** about looks. Range suits our lifestyle (use it for short trips, school run etc). Our Leaf will humble most things cars away from the lights (up to about 30).
How is depreciation in that cost analysis plus it won’t be long until that ‘fuel’ is taxed

Back
Top Bottom