Google I/O 2018

Soldato
I'd like to hear that Google are removing web forum PR people who ruin absolutely every Google related thread. What about you sesevans, what would you personally like to hear? A Chrome browser with macros so you can spam everywhere a lot quicker?

Soldato
Don't understand this constant hate towards sesevans, there's plenty of people on these forums who are vendor reps for companies, what's the big issue?

He provides nice updates and it's nice to have these appear on a forum I visit everyday.

P.S. Not hard to ignore his posts if you want to.

Permabanned
OP
In tom's guide, they suggest tighter integration between the mobile operating system and Google Assistant in Android P, perhaps letting app makers integrate Assistant into their software. In effect this would be what Google is already doing with developers in Google Home.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-io-2018-preview,news-27146.html

Google I/O starts tomorrow afternoon.

Off topic, as I have mentioned many times, I am not a vendor rep for any Company discussed on these threads and that includes Google. I am very interested in technology, innovation and possible trends. Like most contributors, I also have opinions which I share here.

Soldato
Would like to see what they're doing with GPM, seeing as I've got a lot of music stored on their platform. GPM hasn't been developed on for at least 5 years, so pretty much obvious that it's going to be binned.

Soldato
Maybe they'll announce Google Lens II (The Revenge). Couldn't care less about Google Home, unless it include a rewritten Home app because the current one is an absolute disaster in terms of UI/Navigation. Android P - Probably loaded with even more services to sap our precious battery life. They'll likely try and convince consumers that they actually care about WearOS this time round only to leave it on the back burner again.

YouTube is a UI mess, GPM is just an ignored bit of software as is Android TV.

Don't understand this constant hate towards sesevans, there's plenty of people on these forums who are vendor reps for companies, what's the big issue?
Because it is so terribly biased towards Google. You only have to glance at threads to realise this.

Man of Honour
Moves to timely updates.
Or at least bypassing manufacture on non locked phones. Something needs to be done.

I think they just need to take the hit and annoy OEMs/providers.personally I would like the to be able to go to Google and download latest clean is for any phone. This would also mean you would know you phone hasn't got any rubbish on it.

Permabanned
OP
Moves to timely updates.
Or at least bypassing manufacture on non locked phones. Something needs to be done.

I think they just need to take the hit and annoy OEMs/providers.personally I would like the to be able to go to Google and download latest clean is for any phone. This would also mean you would know you phone hasn't got any rubbish on it.

Completely agree with this sentiment but may not be imminent. Usually such a major strategic decision leaks to media before hand and there has been no such mention from what I have read.

Post the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica privacy issue and other issues, I suggest that both Facebook and to some extent Google might be more inclined to place their emphasis on "responsibility". If the Washington Post "source" is right, Google will introduce "user controls to better manage time spent on devices". Responsibility (eg, phone addiction by children, etc) is seen as a greater benefit than new technology, according to this source. Sure there will be further developments announced around technology----Android P, Google Assistant, AI, etc, but the keynote speech might focus us elsewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...stages-new-technology/?utm_term=.fbe8fe55fae7

Soldato
Moves to timely updates.

Couldn't agree more.

Soldato
Would like to see what they're doing with GPM, seeing as I've got a lot of music stored on their platform. GPM hasn't been developed on for at least 5 years, so pretty much obvious that it's going to be binned.
I've seen plenty of updates to GPM :confused: I hope they don't bin it as I've got a £7.99/month subscription for life! (And I really hate Spotify)

Caporegime
Jesus, it's this time of year already? Last few months have been a blur.

No idea what I want from this I/O but continued updates for older devices would be nice so I don't have to change my phone this year. Not the best way for any business to make money but I can dream :D

Edit: Am I supposed to be taking mushrooms before this or something?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen plenty of updates to GPM :confused: I hope they don't bin it as I've got a £7.99/month subscription for life! (And I really hate Spotify)

Been a long time since the app had a facelift though. The last change was just the big colourful boxes giving new releases etc.

The core app is still the same as it was when it was first released really.

Pigeon I think we need to be on acid to appreciate this.

Soldato

Yeah same hete. Well not sure about for life, but I've had it a long time and they've never attempted to raise it.

Back
Top Bottom