Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
Had a first flight with a new XJB 145 on Monday.
It was pretty damn fast, it will take some getting used to.
On a side note, anyone know how to make Youtube just drop the audio rather than what I am doing which is just picking a music track. I know I can edit it on my PC before upload but sometimes I can't be bothered.

https://youtu.be/Z1A3Dje4Cik

Associate
I'm amazed at how well you can train fpv skills up in simulators like Velocidrone!
I got into the hobby around sept last year, building a Martian from scratch and buying an X215 Pro because it was cheap, but not actually getting to fly more than just level mode LOS because of the wind, rain and general crappiness. I also live in London so it's hard to find fields with no soft targets..
Picked up Velocidrone, got some practice in while waiting for months for this awesome weather! Finally get out and straight away i'm doing power loops and flips despite having never flown acro with a real qwad :cool::cool:
It's going to be a fun summer :)

Soldato
Struggling in what way?

I took this at the weekend with my Mavic Pro and quite please with it:

The issues I have are self inflicted. I'm still learning the settings - iso/frame rate/exposure etc.........

As the weather was good Monday & Tuesday, I went out with an ND32 filter on (shutter speed vs frame rate), and video still wasnt great. I needed an ND64 as the output wasnt smooth at all.

I know its trial and error but very frustrating.

Soldato
The issues I have are self inflicted. I'm still learning the settings - iso/frame rate/exposure etc.........

As the weather was good Monday & Tuesday, I went out with an ND32 filter on (shutter speed vs frame rate), and video still wasnt great. I needed an ND64 as the output wasnt smooth at all.

I know its trial and error but very frustrating.

Ah okay. I still don't have an ND64 although I don't think one is necessary unless you want to include the sun in your shot...I'm not expert though.

I usually shoot in 4k 24fps and have a shutter speed of 50 and keep ISO at 100. 24fps is inherently not smooth but that's what makes it look more cinematic to most people.

Soldato
Ah okay. I still don't have an ND64 although I don't think one is necessary unless you want to include the sun in your shot...I'm not expert though.

I usually shoot in 4k 24fps and have a shutter speed of 50 and keep ISO at 100. 24fps is inherently not smooth but that's what makes it look more cinematic to most people.

Thats what I tried, but with the shutter speed of 50 the exposure was way way off. I think a ND64 would have helped. It was very bright when I went out.

This is a great (and expensive) hobby, but frustrating :)

Soldato
Because you are overhead.

Article 95, paragraph 2, section (a): over or within 150 metres of any congested area.

I suppose it could be classed as a congested area, Standard permission allows flights in congested areas for sub 7kg SUA's anyway and as it's a P3P I'm well under that limit too so I'm pretty much covered. Besides, fallout risk was reduced as the wind was blowing quite strong from the west and I was about 280m above sea level so should it have failed then it would have landed to the bottom left of the picture.

Standard Permission
This enables a person to conduct commercial operations with a small unmanned aircraft (drone) and also permits drones weighing 7kg or less to be operated within a congested area. Potential operators are required to provide evidence of pilot competence and an Operations Manual which details how the flights will be conducted.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-in...s-for-commercial-work-involving-small-drones/

Soldato
Fair enough. Tbh, with the amount of completely illegal flying I see posted on YouTube these days it's only a matter of time before the rules for Drone Flying are tightened up. Can't come quick enough imo. It would seem the majority are ruining it for the few who do stick to the rules.

Back
Top Bottom