PS2 to HDMI LG SJ850V

Associate
Hi there

I've had this new 4k LG tv for about a week now and as great as it is the most frustrating thing is there are only HDMI ports and that's it.
I've been trying to connect my PS2 up to it and I'm having no luck, I got a PS2 to HDMI thing for it but that doesn't work at all, the audio comes through fine but the video only shows up distorted for a second after plugging the HDMI in and then goes black while the audio continues.

Does anyone know of any alternatives? Or has anyone had this issue before?

Associate
OP
Just tried it in a different tv and it works fine, and trying it in a different HDMI has the same issue.

I searched and found someone else who had the same issue with the same tv so I think it might just be the TV that doesn't like these kinds of signals

Associate
OP
I was thinking about that, but I think the ps2 hdmi converts a component signal anyway. Still no harm in trying :) if it doesn't work I think I might go for the RCA route and get a converter for RCA cables.

Associate
Couple of potentially terrible ideas:
Do you have an AV receiver? A lot of modern ones do composite/component in and output to HDMI and if you've got the space it could work. A cheap one could probably be picked up from eBay for the cost of the converters.
Alternatively a PS3 be picked up relatively cheaply as that has HDMI out, I still use my PS3 for playing Gran Turismo on my LG OLED.

Associate
OP
Couple of potentially terrible ideas:
Do you have an AV receiver? A lot of modern ones do composite/component in and output to HDMI and if you've got the space it could work. A cheap one could probably be picked up from eBay for the cost of the converters.
Alternatively a PS3 be picked up relatively cheaply as that has HDMI out, I still use my PS3 for playing Gran Turismo on my LG OLED.
Just ordered one today :)

I was thinking of just getting a ps3 with ps2 compatibility but frustratingly one of the games the ps3 emulation has issues with is Shadow Hearts, a game I love and have wanted to play again for ages so a ps3 is out the window haha

Back
Top Bottom