Ramadan 2018

Soldato
With the crescent moon not being sighted. The start of Ramadan this year will fall on Thursday 17th May 2018 and last for 29/30days depending on the moon sighting for Eid ul Fitr.

This year like last will prove to be difficult. This time the fasts will become longer each day.

All the best to those who are going to be fasting. It will be a brilliant time to find inner peace and learn more about yourself.

Caporegime
Ramadan Mubarak and good luck with it.

What do Muslim footballers Like Mesut Ozil do? There's no way they can fast in the month building up to the world cup.

plenty of allowances are available if people want to delay/defer it etc.. (illness for example is another exception)

also re: people living really far north (Scandinavia etc..) with 24/7 daylight - when Islam was invented they didn't realise that would be an issue so a workaround for them is to use Mecca time

Soldato
What do Muslim footballers Like Mesut Ozil do? There's no way they can fast in the month building up to the world cup.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Egyptian football team who are in the World Cup have been given special permission to defer?

Question for a Muslim forum member, is there a "head" of Islam like the Pope is for Christianity?

Caporegime
Question for a Muslim forum member, is there a "head" of Islam like the Pope is for Christianity?

The Pope isn't the head of Christianity, there are various denominations of Christianity... and no there isn't a "Pope" of Islam in the sense of some infallible leader with a direct connection to god (I'm not a muslim but can answer that one)... there are, like Christianity, different branches of Islam too

Soldato
OP
No, there are various scholars in Islam. It just depends on what school of thought people follow as every sect is somewhat different in minute things.

Man of Honour
I'm not a religious person at all, all I know is that he's got a mad hat and the latest pope seems to be a cool dude :D

He's got an awesome library too. Almost 100Km of shelves. No typo - the place is a massive underground vault system. Depending on who you believe, it contains supersecret world-changing stuff or a lot of paperwork from centuries of a rather large and rather bureaucratic organisation, interesting to scholars but only to scholars. I'd like it to be the former, but I think it's far more likely to be the latter.

Back
Top Bottom