Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Soldato
I found the original incredibly dull, and the trailer music gave me diabetes.....but there was a decent enough foundation there to build on if they can get some personality and interest in there that isn't just a poor rip off of Borderlands.

Man of Honour
Weren't there loads of issues with the first? Picked it up on sale, but never got round to playing it.

Worked fine for me with a couple of tweaks. A lot of people had the texture streaming for some reason only loading in upto 1/4 resolution or getting insane texture LOD changes when moving around which were very distracting and AMD gave them (the developers) a "release" driver internally that fixed a load of issues and then didn't actually release it to the public for over a month post release forcing id software to release a game patch with workarounds until AMD sorted driver side issues.

The megatexture tech still needed a lot of work though - was way too many obviously low res areas on screen and some issues with lighting and transparency which really held it back graphically in places.

Associate
I didn't like the original Rage because of the weapons. They didn't sound powerful, little to no recoil and enemies soaked up damage. So shooting felt tedious which is a bad thing in a FPS. Hoping they reworked this.

Soldato
I wasn't gaming when the first Rage was released but I understand that there was a lot of hype for it based on the previous games the studio had produced - the game fell short of expectations and generally got slated. I picked it up a couple of years ago knowing absolutely nothing about it and I loved it from start to finish. I was actually gutted when it was over as I wanted to keep playing it. Can't wait for the next one.

Soldato
Ive a feeling this won't be on Steam either like Fallout 76, be another of their Beth only jobs, be a shame that.

They (or specifically, Pete Hines) are being pretty vague about it.

“We did not announce ‘all future Bethesda games will not be on Steam'. That is not what we said. We said ‘this game will be available exclusively on Bethesda.net,'" Bethesda's Pete Hines told IGN yesterday.

But he goes on to say they haven't made a decision on future games' availability on Steam. All very non-committal. I imagine they'll see how F76 sells first, before making decisions on future titles. Source - PC Gamer

Back
Top Bottom