Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Not exciting in the slightest, but I'd be looking at security. Disklok (you'll need the small size) and an OBD port relocate as a minimum. You can then think of additional security, Autowatch Ghost is quite popular, but I'm still looking at options myself.

There are other parts on the Mountune store are warranty friendly, but obviously you'd need to see how much this adds to his insurance. Charge pipe kit, stage 1/2 intercooler and induction hose won't affect warranty. The MT catback exhaust is warranty friendly as well. It's a nice exhaust, have one fitted to mine, on the quiet side when cruising, but get it hot with some spirited driving and it gets a fair bit louder but not OTT. The only problem with the Mountune stuff is it sells very quickly and is out of stock most of the time.

Soldato
Yeah you can get mountune exhausts lowering springs gear knob/gaitors you name it. There's cheaper stuff than mountune for everything which is as good if not better though. As above be careful on insurance. Also join the Facebook groups and the stolen uk page for inspiration and also for an eye opener on how many of these go missing. Disklok and obd relocation is sadly a minimum.

Soldato
Yeah you can get mountune exhausts lowering springs gear knob/gaitors you name it. There's cheaper stuff than mountune for everything which is as good if not better though. As above be careful on insurance. Also join the Facebook groups and the stolen uk page for inspiration and also for an eye opener on how many of these go missing. Disklok and obd relocation is sadly a minimum.

Some of the stuff is expensive, the exhaust and springs aren't overpriced, and it keeps the warranty which is what he's after.

Last edited:
Associate
I am hoping he can just enjoy it as it is for a while until he has more experience with it. His last car was a 74 bhp diesel Kia Rio! I will move the OBD port today. I have a Disklok for my Range Rover Sport!!! It looks like I may need it for the Fiesta, especially as now Land Rover have locked out key changes using the OBD port. I wonder where the port is on the new Fiesta ST?

Soldato
The Mountune kit is still one of the best. Not as much HP as some of the others but usually still ends up being quicker due to the better power curve. It's not as dramatic an improvement on the mk7 as it was on the older STs though.

Associate
Kind of thinking about getting a new car sometime this year. Just wondering, how do you all feel about seeing the car you drive absolutely everywhere?

Don't forget that once you are interested in a car you see them everywhere, it is a law of nature!! If it is popular then it is probably good.

Soldato
I am hoping he can just enjoy it as it is for a while until he has more experience with it. His last car was a 74 bhp diesel Kia Rio! I will move the OBD port today. I have a Disklok for my Range Rover Sport!!! It looks like I may need it for the Fiesta, especially as now Land Rover have locked out key changes using the OBD port. I wonder where the port is on the new Fiesta ST?
OBD port is to the right of the steering wheel in the little plastic flap. This is why its easy to steal, window through and straight plugged in.

Associate
I have just been out and popped the port out and cable tied it behind so more difficult for the toerags to reach. I plugged a TomTom Curfer into it to to help block it (and watch his driving!)

Soldato
Been out in the new ST today. Drove both standard and Performance Pack versions. Great little car. No need to worry about that triple – it's a punchy powerplant and very characterful. Clear a lot of enthusiasts have worked on this car as whole.

Definitely go for the PP (hehe), though, just for the LSD alone (the PP-spec shift light is so small as to be irrelevant, the launch control not really necessary). The standard car is still very enjoyable and competent but the PP makes it far quicker out of corners and a lot more entertaining. Likes to get on three wheels, regardless, though!

Spz7dPI.jpg

You can flat shift in Sport & Track modes, too...
WOW that looks super.....:)

I keep thinking if I should trade in my 2016 mk3.5 focus ST for one of these new fiesta ST :confused:

Soldato
OBD port is to the right of the steering wheel in the little plastic flap. This is why its easy to steal, window through and straight plugged in.

That and whopping great sensor blind spots mean they can do it without setting the alarm off lol

Ford's security system is just generally quite poor. I betting the mk8 will be no different.

Soldato
Interesting .. mines and st-3 too. It's going to get remap and itg induction in a hour.. exciting times hope it pulls well.

Mine is actually an ST-2 bought for business purposes so was cheaper to add on the ST-3 options. That's why it doesn't have keyless entry. I have SatNav, Cruise Control etc. though.

Let me know how you get on with your remap. I have been thinking about getting it uprated a bit but I really don't want to hinder the handling of the car by putting too much power into it.

Back
Top Bottom