• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
ycruncher.png

Right I consider this stable almost 2 hours of various stress tests. :) Thatsme happy with todays tests :)

I'd consider that a good days tinkering as well zeed. Interesting find on the VRM frequency, not even looked at it yet although i'm not sure it's an option on the CH6. Nice max temps there as well, mind you, you should have with the size of your rad :D

Permabanned
I'd consider that a good days tinkering as well zeed. Interesting find on the VRM frequency, not even looked at it yet although i'm not sure it's an option on the CH6. Nice max temps there as well, mind you, you should have with the size of your rad :D
Ye on C6H I was using Lowest frequency possible locked manual due to VRM noise making errors on memory.

Phase cooling revieew :)

Corsair LPX well ye as he says SPEND HOURS getting it to run

Last edited:
Soldato
One of my mates is now asking me for advice on a gaming PC.

I don't know what to say. He isn't an enthusiast. If I tell him to go buy a x470 and a 2700x and he starts having the same ram issues I'm having, there's going to be no end of headaches for me.

I'm tempted to just tell him to buy a 8700k.

Associate
The trick is to not buy random **** but buy memory from the QVL, this is sage advice whether AMD or Intel though to be fair.

Still an 8700 is a good shout and the best gaming chip so why wouldn't you recommend it anyway, it is not like there is a large saving to be had with Ryzen.

Soldato
I don't know what to say. He isn't an enthusiast. If I tell him to go buy a x470 and a 2700x and he starts having the same ram issues I'm having, there's going to be no end of headaches for me.

I'd ask whether he really wants the bleeding edge of CPU power and does he know what he'll do with it if he has it? :)

If not then I'd go 2600X and 2933 memory. Still respectable and pretty much a cert to work at stock.

Soldato
One of my mates is now asking me for advice on a gaming PC.

I'm tempted to just tell him to buy a 8700k.

8700 non k on a b360 board with any ram you choose will be solid with no messing.

Soldato
I'd ask whether he really wants the bleeding edge of CPU power and does he know what he'll do with it if he has it? :)

If not then I'd go 2600X and 2933 memory. Still respectable and pretty much a cert to work at stock.

Yes. You have a point. But I'd say he's a bit of an Intel fan boi.

When I said I bought an AMD system he was like why did you buy a budget build. :confused:

Associate
:D You know full well i was. How are ya you old bugger ? long time no speak lol.

I'm good thank you, not spoken to anyone from BTUK for a long time.

I've only just built my new rig, 1800x, but struggle to get 3.8ghz. I think the 2x16gb ram sticks could be at fault..

AX4U3000316G16-DWZ (Latency 16-18-18 1.35v).

Soldato
I'm good thank you, not spoken to anyone from BTUK for a long time.

I've only just built my new rig, 1800x, but struggle to get 3.8ghz. I think the 2x16gb ram sticks could be at fault..

AX4U3000316G16-DWZ (Latency 16-18-18 1.35v).

Same here, not spoken to anyone for a few years. Last time was with Dagmar, Ian Cutress and Ian Parry at the Cambridge LN2 meet.
Mmmmmm, wrong choice of ram there me thinks. What mobo is it ?

Soldato
So in general boards such as the Prime Pro is only a 'cheaper' board in terms of Ryzen?

I say that because ram speed on the Prime Pro x370 seems to be the big difference when compared to say a CH6.

Because other than more overclocking features the Prime Z370 supports the same ram speeds etc as say a premium Z370 board?

Back
Top Bottom