Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Finally had a 7bone burger down in Hove today. Dropped the fiancée off in Brighton and popped in with my 2 yr old. Definitely didn't disappoint. I had the triple-b burger and got it pink with dirty fries. Juicy, flavoursome and the fries were pretty good. The dirty sauce reminded me of McDonald's big Mac sauce.

Soldato
In and Out for lunch today: Double Double, animal style fries (the only way to make them taste any good tbh) and a vanilla shake (complete with hidden bible references)

BetMkU9.jpg
I'm getting so fat on this trip! whats that? BBQ for dinner? OK :D

When I eventually get to go back to the states I really want to go to In and Out and get the same thing! Looks really tasty!

Soldato
Finally had a 7bone burger down in Hove today. Dropped the fiancée off in Brighton and popped in with my 2 yr old. Definitely didn't disappoint. I had the triple-b burger and got it pink with dirty fries. Juicy, flavoursome and the fries were pretty good. The dirty sauce reminded me of McDonald's big Mac sauce.

The sauce is very similar to McDs, I felt that the "Ronald's revenge" was a clear re-make of the McD's cheese burger but with edible ingredients.

Soldato
Just got back from Vegas and had my 1st Shake Shack burger, was nice but not as nice as I think 5 guys is (Missus didn't like her chicken burger at all), I wanted to try the burgers at Charlie's bar in the Wynn but couldn't get past the Philly Steak sandwich, it was amazing and I would gladly replace a burger with that everytime.

Also had the Sage Fried Chicken Benedict in Hash House a Go Go, bleeding hell that thing was massive and so so tasty but I could only manage half of it (me and the missus should've shared in hindsight).

Underboss
Had the One Big Chicken at 7Bone and the wife had the Ronalds Revenge, twas goooood! The poutine dirty fires were awesome and the alcoholic milkshakes are very nice, still prefer 5G at the moment for best burger.

GBK, Byron, Patty & Bun and Bills to go!

Soldato
I just made myself a couple of cheeseburgers with warburton baps, lightly toasted on the inside. Was nice :)

20180305_204706.jpg

Permabanned
Best burger joints in London = Bleecker Street and Patty & Bun.

Shout out to Honest Burger as well.

Five Guys is horrendous value for money and nowhere near the level of quality of any of these.

Soldato

Yea 7Bone is pretty good, shame they got rid of the two for one on cocktails, makes the cocktails a lot less appealing now. But their chilli cheese fries and hot dogs are the best.

Soldato
PercysBBQ Triple Pattie BBQ Moink. Burger was cooked really well, as usuall with just meat, cheese, bacon it gets a little dry around half way through (and after driving it home) but it was really good. It is their special burger this month.

SxUhdvQl.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/percysbbq/

A bit moo, and a lot oink, we've recreated the classic BBQ moink Percys-style
Three hand pressed beef chuck steak and smoked bacon patty, smoked streaky bacon, Baconnaise, Bacon Jam and American cheese

Soldato
After work last night some of us went down to the nearest Hungry Horse pub and had the Quadzilla Burger Challenge. Cheap and cheerful, the chicken part was a bit naff but the burgers were not too bad. With buy one get one free night we paid £5.75 each. Never again though.

Sy2eF9E.jpg

Associate
Visited Pattie and Bun in Soho Friday night. One of the best burgers I've had, maybe even the best. Tried the monthly special, then shared a normal cheese burger with a mate straight after demolishing it :)

Associate
Had a couple of burgers while on holiday in HK. I don't tend to eat western food while on holiday when I can help it but these two were recommended by a local friend.

Shake Shack - Double Shackburger. It was alright, came across as a slightly better Burger King burger. The fries however were incredible. Chick'n Shack pictured along with Milk Tea Shake and Iced Tea.

qT5DydP.jpg

Burgeroom - Mega Cheeseburger. 80g of various cheese, I had to have it simply for that. The patty was large, moist and cooked to perfection. Probably the best burger I've had. Curly fries weren't half bad either. :D

2q5cYrq.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Very, very messily. :p The cheese was practically going everywhere and I was glad that it showed up pre-cut.

A guy on the table next to us had the double burger and his 'burger to mouth' issues were even worse. :D:p

Back
Top Bottom