Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
I just pulled fuse 19 out of mine which disables the OBD port, a lot quicker than moving it lol.
Two minute job buying a fake which powers on but doesn't transmit data to confuse the thief. Real one just tooks away behind it where ever you'd like it. Literally 1 minute job.

On road to get remap a fire engine forced me to the kerb might cry, the wheels a mess :(

Caporegime
That's the tyre size I'm gonna go for next. More choice, cheaper, and a bit more comfort.

I think you can even change the rolling radius via Forscan too so the speedo won't be out.

You gain 5% rolling radius which is quite a bit, can make the turning circle bigger and you'll get more road noise/more chance of aquaplaning so not all pros. If you want the pick of the new UHP tyres they all start from 18" anyway.

I found that out by ordering a full set of Continental tyres for my ST-2 online at work without paying much attention thinking I was getting SportsContact 6 (only available on 18" and up on checking properly) when I really ordered PremiumContact 6 :o. I had a bit of a panic at first because I had PremiumContact 5s on my old Focus and they were okay but really soft, but reading a few reviews suggested the PC6 was designed to replace both the SportContact 5 and PremiumContact 5 so I stuck with them.

I haven't worn them in fully but the ride is better and quieter than the horrible Bridgetone RE050As I had before, they're XL rated so don't have wobbly sidewalls like older Continental tyres. The dry traction is good and the steering feels nice and pointy, no idea what they're like in the wet but the RE050As had awful wet grip so I can't see these being any worse. So far so good.

Last edited:
Soldato
You gain 5% rolling radius which is quite a bit, can make the turning circle bigger and you'll get more road noise/more chance of aquaplaning so not all pros. If you want the pick of the new UHP tyres they all start from 18" anyway.

I found that out by ordering a full set of Continental tyres for my ST-2 online at work without paying much attention thinking I was getting SportsContact 6 (only available on 18" and up on checking properly) when I really ordered PremiumContact 6 :o. I had a bit of a panic at first because I had PremiumContact 5s on my old Focus and they were okay but really soft, but reading a few reviews suggested the PC6 was designed to replace both the SportContact 5 and PremiumContact 5 so I stuck with them.

I haven't worn them in fully but the ride is better and quieter than the horrible Bridgetone RE050As I had before, they're XL rated so don't have wobbly sidewalls like older Continental tyres. The dry traction is good and the steering feels nice and pointy, no idea what they're like in the wet but the RE050As had awful wet grip so I can't see these being any worse. So far so good.

Killer has the PremiumContact 6 so he may be able to offer some insight to them! I loved my CSC5 and was annoyed they don't do the CSC6 in our size so I've just stuck with Eagle F1A3.

Soldato
Killer has the PremiumContact 6 so he may be able to offer some insight to them! I loved my CSC5 and was annoyed they don't do the CSC6 in our size so I've just stuck with Eagle F1A3.

Yeah I've got them on at the minute. The CSC5 were a great tyre, they just wear down really quickly, although I did have the MR230/MR265 fitted for most of their lifespan, I think I got around 8-9k out of the front ones. The PremiumContact 6s as you say are merging the ContactSport5 grip with the wear rate of the PC6s. Can't say a lot about the wear rate yet, but grip is excellent. They don't break traction with 300+ bhp going through them, so all good so far!

I did look at getting a larger tyre, but wasn't sure what would fit with the Mountune springs. I might look into it when these wear away.

cant you just get the st3 it has all the extras you could ever want.

St2 doesnt come with heated seats, cruise control, folding mirrors sat nav and a few other bits

ST2 does have heated seats, and depending on what options were chosen when it was ordered, it'll have sat nav (mine does) cruise control etc. There wasn't an option for an ST3 when the MK7 was released - that came 1.5-2 years later, the ST3 just had most of the options on by default if you ordered that spec.

we are looking at an ST2 Fiesta anything to look for when buying used?
any good optional extras to look for? cheers

It'll be entirely down to what you want spec wise, the sat nav is not as great as the standalone units or your phone for features, but handy to have built in (map updates can be had for around £30 off ebay), I've heard the auto wipers are not great, folding mirrors are a pain in the ass in winter and don't really reduce the width of the car by any meaningful amount.

There isn't really a lot to look for, just the usual checks. These cars are pretty damn reliable, most of the problems are usually back brakes can wear a bit weird or seize up, not a lot else I can think of really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting read as my father in law was looking for a jag but has instead settled for a Fiesta ST. Unsure of the year/spec he's going for though but it'll be a newish one. He's claiming it will destroy my mk5 golf gti so it's going to be interesting.

Soldato
Yeah I've got them on at the minute. The CSC5 were a great tyre, they just wear down really quickly, although I did have the MR230/MR265 fitted for most of their lifespan, I think I got around 8-9k out of the front ones. The PremiumContact 6s as you say are merging the ContactSport5 grip with the wear rate of the PC6s. Can't say a lot about the wear rate yet, but grip is excellent. They don't break traction with 300+ bhp going through them, so all good so far!

I did look at getting a larger tyre, but wasn't sure what would fit with the Mountune springs. I might look into it when these wear away.

ST2 does have heated seats, and depending on what options were chosen when it was ordered, it'll have sat nav (mine does) cruise control etc. There wasn't an option for an ST3 when the MK7 was released - that came 1.5-2 years later, the ST3 just had most of the options on by default if you ordered that spec.

It'll be entirely down to what you want spec wise, the sat nav is not as great as the standalone units or your phone for features, but handy to have built in (map updates can be had for around £30 off ebay), I've heard the auto wipers are not great, folding mirrors are a pain in the ass in winter and don't really reduce the width of the car by any meaningful amount.

There isn't really a lot to look for, just the usual checks. These cars are pretty damn reliable, most of the problems are usually back brakes can wear a bit weird or seize up, not a lot else I can think of really.

My rain wipers are good and folding mirrors are also.. not had any problems yet or understand how they can be a pain in the ass either you press lock they fold in automatically :)

Soldato
Interesting read as my father in law was looking for a jag but has instead settled for a Fiesta ST. Unsure of the year/spec he's going for though but it'll be a newish one. He's claiming it will destroy my mk5 golf gti so it's going to be interesting.
Considering i had a Scirocco 2.0TSI which is the exact same internals as a golf GTI i can agree that my Stage 1+ ST is quicker than my stage 1 Scirocco.

Soldato
Considering i had a Scirocco 2.0TSI which is the exact same internals as a golf GTI i can agree that my Stage 1+ ST is quicker than my stage 1 Scirocco.

My concern was more the weight difference initially. My old standard 2006 mk5 GTi DSG was like for like with my friends standard 2006 Focus ST but this new 2006 GTi has been modified, the problem is there's no record of what exactly.

Miltek cat back exhaust and supposedly remapped but no induction kit, no idea if the downpipes been upgraded etc but is lowered. DSG has been remapped too but I'm not 100% happy with it. Once I get cat back, induction and slap a RTECH remap it'll be good for 280bhp but with the newer ST pushing really nice figures it'll be interesting :)

Hoping I'll get a drive as well, show him how to do it :D He's been driving an old Ford Ka for the last 5 years :D

Soldato
My concern was more the weight difference initially. My old standard 2006 mk5 GTi DSG was like for like with my friends standard 2006 Focus ST but this new 2006 GTi has been modified, the problem is there's no record of what exactly.

Miltek cat back exhaust and supposedly remapped but no induction kit, no idea if the downpipes been upgraded etc but is lowered. DSG has been remapped too but I'm not 100% happy with it. Once I get cat back, induction and slap a RTECH remap it'll be good for 280bhp but with the newer ST pushing really nice figures it'll be interesting :)

Hoping I'll get a drive as well, show him how to do it :D He's been driving an old Ford Ka for the last 5 years :D
Funny you mention RTECH i had my Scirocco mapped there about 4 months ago and Niki is a god with the TSI engine, it went to 266BHP my Scirocco, had the inlet walnut blasted and injectors cleaned. Sadly from that point on the car went downhill needing a new inlet manifold, clutch and flywheel which led to the sale. That said my ST is now running 243BHP and for the weight of the car/handling and acceleration is enormously more fun.

Back
Top Bottom