Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
My rain wipers are good and folding mirrors are also.. not had any problems yet or understand how they can be a pain in the ass either you press lock they fold in automatically :)

They can freeze in winter and get stuck :), but I'm sure you can turn them off if that was a problem.

Funny you mention RTECH i had my Scirocco mapped there about 4 months ago and Niki is a god with the TSI engine, it went to 266BHP my Scirocco, had the inlet walnut blasted and injectors cleaned. Sadly from that point on the car went downhill needing a new inlet manifold, clutch and flywheel which led to the sale. That said my ST is now running 243BHP and for the weight of the car/handling and acceleration is enormously more fun.

What was the issue with the inlet manifold? Something done when you had it walnut blasted?

It's something I've been thinking about on these with them being direct injection. Probably not worth it yet though.

Last edited:
Soldato
They can freeze in winter and get stuck :), but I'm sure you can turn them off if that was a problem.

What was the issue with the inlet manifold? Something done when you had it walnut blasted?

It's something I've been thinking about on these with them being direct injection. Probably not worth it yet though.

Swirl flaps were sticking and the alternative is swirl flap delete kit and map them out or a new manifold, once i weighed it all up after just spending a ton of money trying to fault find the judder it was causing and then the clutch/flywheel went it just topped me over the edge and it was money i was never going to get back so put it towards a newer car (ST-3)... Very happy with it.

Caporegime
cant you just get the st3 it has all the extras you could ever want.

St2 doesnt come with heated seats, cruise control, folding mirrors sat nav and a few other bits

My ST-2 has heated seats and navigation. ST-3 adds the park pilot (my ST-2 just had standard beepy sensors with nothing on the screen), folding mirrors, cruise, auto wipers/lights, lights, keylesss entry and climate. Most options were available on the ST-2 though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks guys it's the gf budgeting Max 10k to buy the car outright. Wondered what the differences were.

I'll see if we can look at st3s instead as that's the newer model I presume. Not familiar with fords see!

Soldato
Funny you mention RTECH i had my Scirocco mapped there about 4 months ago and Niki is a god with the TSI engine, it went to 266BHP my Scirocco, had the inlet walnut blasted and injectors cleaned. Sadly from that point on the car went downhill needing a new inlet manifold, clutch and flywheel which led to the sale. That said my ST is now running 243BHP and for the weight of the car/handling and acceleration is enormously more fun.

Odd I can't say I've heard of walnut blasting the inlet or cleaning the injectors as part of the usual upgrade process but with any car, a remap and modifying will show any weaknesses in a car.

Normally it's exhaust/downpipe, induction, intercooler, high-pressure fuel pump or jumping straight in with the K04 turbo upgrade.

I'll be looking at downpipe, intercooler and induction then an rtech remap. then I'll be moving on to suspension, handling, braking before pushing for 400bhp with a turbo upgrade but that'll be over the next couple of years.

I must say I've driven the Focus ST, RS, a few generations of Type-R and a few other hot hatches, they are all different but for me, it's VW but I appreciate all cars and car fans. I'm considering an ST to replace the A4 for the wife.

Soldato
Yeah, it's been outstanding for a while now. They're waiting for parts availability before they roll it out to the Fiestas apparently. Some people with the Focus and Kuga have had theirs done. With it saying "as of 20th May" it'll start rolling out soon.

There was are some coolant lines (specifically one coming from the turbo) that could wear and split, causing a rapid loss of coolant, the head could split if the car is left running without coolant and oil could leak onto the exhaust manifold. Keep an eye on levels and check the pipes. The turbo return pipe was originally plastic, but it's now rubber, my car has the newer rubber one (early '14 build date) but it's still on the recall list.

There are some youtube videos on what needs to be done step by step, there's a load :o

Starts with that one and carries on for another 10 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCt-s44hU0

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to pop up and disappear at random for me, showing today though;

8JcVETI.jpg

Might be a daft question but is it showing up because you have your region set to the U.S? assuming you live in the U.K. I know in the past the U.S got some service actions before the U.K/Europe, for example the Focus RS wrong head gaskets.

Soldato
It seems that way, not daft question, you'd think the VIN would match either way though :confused:! I'll just wait to see if anything pops through the post. As long as we all keep an eye on potential wear to the hoses we should be good either way!

Would be easier to not have it for those of us with remaps as well :o

Last edited:
Soldato
They got a brand new ST-line at work a couple of weeks ago. Not that impressed TBH. The dash looks like it has an Etch A Sketch glued to :/

Soldato
They got a brand new ST-line at work a couple of weeks ago. Not that impressed TBH. The dash looks like it has an Etch A Sketch glued to :/

Ah, I know! But it seems so functional (Apple Carplay, SatNav, and coupled with that B&O speaker etc.), but it looks utterly rubbish.

Soldato
My ST-2 has heated seats and navigation. ST-3 adds the park pilot (my ST-2 just had standard beepy sensors with nothing on the screen), folding mirrors, cruise, auto wipers/lights, lights, keylesss entry and climate. Most options were available on the ST-2 though.

Also no idea why but my st-3 doesnt have park pilot assuming it's a payable extra?. No way of getting it installed either (it has parking sensors in assuming someone got them done aftermarket)

Back
Top Bottom