*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I don't get offended by posts on forums.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post, I read it as being sarcastic. That explains why I thought it was a weird reaction.

Associate
Wasn't expecting this ..
Resident Evil 7 coming to the Switch via the cloud this week.
Japan only at the moment.
https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-7-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-as-a-strea-1826185018
I'll download the trial via my Japan account to test how well it works.

I tried 'Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud Version' on Switch but could not get it to connect at all, might be a similar thing here where they make it difficult for those outside of Japan.

I doubt Resi 7 Cloud will release outside of Japan tbh, It seems like an experiment/test of the cloud service and how successful it can be (in Japan).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I tried 'Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud Version' on Switch but could not get it to connect at all, might be a similar thing here where they make it difficult for those outside of Japan.

I doubt Resi 7 Cloud will release outside of Japan tbh, It seems like an experiment/test of the cloud service and how successful it can be (in Japan).

It wouldn't be surprising as the game would be unplayable in Europe if you were connecting to Japan based servers.

Associate
Got Zelda BotW last week. Wow. What a game! I've just reached the first village and so far it's such a fantastic game. Slight frame dips at times but not too bad.

Man of Honour
If they're too difficult for you I'm not going near it!

I've only played the first one but when you die it doesn't give you the feeling of wanting to overcome that difficult section.

Maybe the new rewind feature will make it more fun to die with less repetition, or maybe the later games are easier or feel less cheap when you die, but the series has been tainted by my experience with the first game.

Soldato
I've only played the first one but when you die it doesn't give you the feeling of wanting to overcome that difficult section.

Maybe the new rewind feature will make it more fun to die with less repetition, or maybe the later games are easier or feel less cheap when you die, but the series has been tainted by my experience with the first game.

I'm usually quite up for a challenge if it's fair, but this sounds like it may not be the case or perhaps it wad a game of its time and we have come a fair way since then with games like this?

I'll have a think, 11.99 for 6 games seems a good deal but if they all suffer this issue I probably wouldn't get on with them either :D

Soldato
Haven't played my Switch much recently. Last game i bought was Mario but finding that a bit tricky with the joycons so i keep meaning to buy a pro pad but not at the price they are at the moment.

Super excited for PixelJunk Monsters 2 though. That was the only game I've ever got a platinum trophy in on the PS3. One of my favourite tower defence games.

Man of Honour
I'm usually quite up for a challenge if it's fair, but this sounds like it may not be the case or perhaps it wad a game of its time and we have come a fair way since then with games like this?

I'll have a think, 11.99 for 6 games seems a good deal but if they all suffer this issue I probably wouldn't get on with them either :D

I was also much younger when I first (and last) tried to play it. Some cheap random platforms on the stage beginning with "G" is what I remember being the point where I felt life was too short to play MM! :p

Soldato
I loved Mega Man as a kid, particularly Mega Man X.

We had the first one on the NES. Got to the last world one long Sunday and dad agreed to let the NES be left on all night. When we came to it at breakfast time, it had reset. Absolutely gutted and felt like throwing the NES out of the window. NES games were hard! Could never complete TMNT - had to ring the Nintendo hotline, which was not like my dad at all to ring those numbers. When you look back at YT videos you realise it's all so very basic and pattern based.

Soldato
One thing I have found with my Switch while on holiday is that thing thing is useless in bright sunshine. You can’t see a thing in a dark scene which makes playing most games impossible.

Back
Top Bottom